Odd problem with 2002 Toyota Sequoia

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edrock200 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  

Hello all,

I have a 791XV Viper alarm installed on my 02 Toyota Sequoia. The installers that installed it seem to be very knowledgeable and have worked with me on the few problems I've had. Just a preface, I am fairly technical, understand wiring and basic electrical concepts, but don't personally install alarms. I'm just trying to gather possible solutions to take to my installer this weekend.

The alarm and almost all of it's functions were working correctly after the initial install. The only problem I ran into was that when the car was remote started, if I unlocked the doors with the remote, I couldn't relock them. I use this feature when I pull in for a quick stop, like say 7-11, I'll hit the remote start activation sequence, get out of the car, and arm the system. For some reason the locks would lock then immediately pop back open. I took it back in to have them look at it and they said the alarm rearm wire was causing this problem and they did fix it however the following is now occurring.

I always leave the autolights feature on. My wife and I are very indecisive. Sometimes we'll remote start the car in the evenings to head out for dinner and then decide to stay in so we kill the engine. Unfortunately, now that the alarm re-arm wire is disengaged, the autolights will NEVER turn off. They will stay on either until the battery dies or someone opens and closes the driver door.

I realize that I'm a bit of a "nightmare" customer who uses every single feature of the sytstem but these are two features that I use on a regular basis and would like them both to work. After thinking about it for a while I figured if I could build a circuit that would ground the door switch for a second or two every time the engine shut off that would solve my problem since it would think the door was opened and then closed. I figured I could create a circuit as described here:

https://www.the12volt.com/relays/page5.asp#ctm

and have it attach to a + switched wire and the drivers side door switch.

So I guess my question is one, will this work and two is there an easier way to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

-Ed

JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Have them wire a relay as follows:
86 - constant 12 volts
85 - (-) ignition otput from relay pack (skinny pink wire)
87 - nothing
87a - rearm
30 - drivers door trigger
This way the rearm wire only pulses the drivers door when the vehicle is not remote started.
edrock200 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 8:30 AM / IP Logged  
Sweet, thanks!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic