icon

radar sensor

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeryl 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2006 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
im trying to install a radar sensor i bought from asianwolf.com... i have a single stage shock sensor but im trying to use it as a radar sensor for the interior only... doesnt work when i put my hand in my car which is supposed to detect movement it only detects the negative trigger from when i open the door which is when i connected the negative interior trigger to i would like to to if thats correct or if i need to return the microwave/radar sensor because it doesnt detect any movement in the car
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
i think i figured it out... i have to put a diode on both the door trigger and the radar sensor a 1 amp diode... and hook up to the negative door trigger... i'll let u know tomorrow if it works
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 12:34 AM / IP Logged  
If it still doesn't work post what wires went were.
Also does the unit have LED's that light when the zone is tripped.
FYI: if the radar is a dual zone you might see in the instructions where it says the fields cannot be close in size or the sensor won't work properly.
Also make sure it's not in a test mode.. I know theres some that will flash the LEDS when you trip the sensor put will only output on the prewarn wire and not the full alm wire. That's another possiblity.
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 03, 2006 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  

black - ground

red- 12 volt power

blue- interior trigger i isolated w/ 2 diodes one for the door trigger and the other for this radar sensor

green- exterior ,i  didnt use but i taped up the end of the wire w/ electrical tape

now the exterior light blinks when i move my hand around it but when i hook it up as the only trigger the alarm doesnt go off

it has 2 leds one green exterior and one red for interior

i tried hooking up each one one at a time but still no out put my alarm

only blinks green light if i move my hand across it

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
it should not get connected to your door pin wiring at all.... you can multiplex both zones and hook it up to a secondary negative input on your alarm, like the trunk or hood input whichever is unused... but you dont parallel it onto your door trigger wire as a rule....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
jeryl 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
i dont have an extra input... but i did put 1 amp diodes w/ the door trigger and the radar sensor to isolate it... i only have an ouput for the trunk and for the window  but they are outputs... so i ordered another radar sensor by bulldog but i have only a single stage shock sensor... so hopefully the bulldog works thanks anyore suggestions???

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic