icon

viper 719 prep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reefguy 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  

I am getting ready to install a 791xv in my wife's 96 lexus es300, it has a stock alarm, remote is together with the key, stock alarm when arm/disarming it locks/unlocks the power doors, it has secuity led in the right side dash, the hood and trunk not protected. I would like to keep the stock alarm as is.  I did call a local car audio shop to see if the viper can be used together, and find out if it needs any relays, etc.. the owner told it needs nothing else except the 791 and  to just not to use the stock alarm. so i wanted to ask you guys if i missed anything, i will be buying these items to use:

1. dei battery backup  2. couple piezo's sirens.    should i get these following items 1. dei 530t window module

2. 506t glass break sensor.

any diodes or resistor needs to add the extra accessories?  thanks,

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
If you are using 3 - 4 sirens you should be putting a 30 amp relay inline on the siren wire to boost the total amp output on it as the brain is really only ment to run 1 siren as is. No resistors or diodes nessasary for the install on this vehicle. Its actually pretty basic. The factory alarm will work fine with the new system provided it is wired in properly. The alarm will arm on lock and disarm on unlock so thats easy. Then there is also a RED / blue wire in the drivers kick panel, you wanna hook up your disarm wire to that so when you remote start it will disarm the factory alarm so it doesnt go off on you. Hook up the rearm wire to the lock wire so it will pulse the lock wire after shut down and rearm the factory alarm. That should be everything you need to know. I guess if you wanna cover the trunk, there is no factory trunk pin to tap into so you will have to install your own which isnt included in the unit so you'd have to buy one of those but thats about it.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic