trunk rattle complaints

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

tell me this customer is crazy

ported a 15"L7 for a girl because she wanted to be heard 2 blocks away. she even got in a local car club here in Ark called "TeamDeafWish". she said we didnt build the box right because she can hear her trunk rattle like crazy. she was actually pi$$ed about the whole thing until she heard all of the rest of the members cars rattle.

just a little story to share

coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 10:14 PM / IP Logged  
people dont realize how much vibration it causes. Did you tighten up her license plate to help her out a bit?
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 04, 2006 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  
I guess she was new to the whole car stereo world.  That'll teach her to jump into things without research.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 12:01 AM / IP Logged  
we told her we could run sound deadener. she got her taxes back and had to out "bump" her friends. we just had to explain to her "more bass = more rattle".
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 2:15 AM / IP Logged  

It's really too bad that people don't do a little bit of research before deciding things to get. Research?! How about a little common sense? She actually thought that with all of that sound being produced that there was going to be no vibration along with it?

I can't stand trunks rattling either. Damn near everyone in my area puts systems in the trunk of a car and then blasts their stereo and is sitting there like, oh yeah doesn't that sound killer? Um..... I guess it sounds ok if I could hear the system over the rattling. I guess nobody around here as ever heard of sound dampening.... sad world down here....

(I live in a place that's not on most maps) Lamar, SC. Florence is the same way.... Although some people in Florence atleast know something about car audio! It's just that the majority don't. I'm sure this applies to many places across the US. That's all the more reason for guys that know what they are talking about to spread their knowledge to others!

speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 4:42 AM / IP Logged  

A guy who lives next door to my buddy pulled up one day with his trunk rattling so bad it was crap. I told him I would help him get the rattle to stop. He said "hell no that's my gorillas trying to get out". He had 4 JL 8's. Turns out that he and his buddys like it when it rattles. they think it's a sign of a powerful system. Go figure. 

Big Dave
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Hey willdkartunes, I know exactly where Lamar is. Small world!! I am from Blenheim, SC, home of the famous Ginger Ale. Back to the subject, people don't realize how much noise their car makes a lot of times, or so it seems. I hate to be sitting in my house and hear a car ride by and can hear rattles over the bass. It is a hard problem to fix a lot of times but with a little work you car get the most of the rattles out.
'85 Toy
darthness 
Copper - Posts: 136
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 12:42 PM / IP Logged  
i know someone who told me a guy he know had a really powerful system because the trucks lights dimmed.
lololol
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 2:57 PM / IP Logged  
It's funny when people are so ignorant.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
prophesybh 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
Are lot of people probley do what i did, which is a stupid move, and thats spend all your extra money on the equiptment(knowing how powerful it is) instead of budgeting it so you can stop the rattle.  I'm still trying to save enough money to fully sound damping my trunk(darn bills).
Don't Ask Questions When You Already Know The Answer!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic