icon

Remote start / Blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
leondebusk 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2003 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  

Thank you for your responce. Your assumption that I did not hook up the second ignition is wrong. There is much contradiction in the four color code sources that I gathered. I followed instructions completely and thoroughly. I got the correct readings on every connection.I do not work on cars for a living. I only work on my own vehicles.I am a commercial air conditioning tech. I was looking for help; not criticism.

Can you tell I was offended? So, then; That circuit should be fed through the second ignition connection, right?

Lee
Rich06 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2003 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
  When you powered up your white as ign #2, did you double check this stayed powered up all the way thru the remote start cycle. This wire must see 12v thru run and CRANK cycle.  Some remote starters require this to be programmed after install.  As you know the white is for the trans module so  I would think is the cause of your problem.....Rich.
leondebusk 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2003 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged  

Rich, That sounds like the answer. I will make certain the line is hot in all three modes. The instructions did not say the full purpose for the white. Anyway, that is obviously the proper solution. Thanks allot. Have a good one. Lee

Lee
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

I was wondering why he made the comment when you said nothing but the truth!? I have a 99 blazer also and there are 3 wires that require power. I also found that one of my alarms wires turned off during the start process like for instance  your accy. wire would. Switch it to the accy line and it work fine now.

did you light turn off after correcting the wiring? I was told sometimes it takes 30 warm up cycles for the light to clear out.

p.s. I didn't know until a friend pointed it out but I was in the habit of switching the key in the ign straight to "IGN" but NOT to the start poisition during remote start in fear of grinding the starter. This in turn cause the security light to come on after touching the brake petal. Found later that when I want to take of the running engine I should go all the way to start (there was no grind) then the security light would not come on anymore. Just and FYI. I have an Excalicur 1800 BTW

jrilla 
Gold - Posts: 1,498
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Floaterr,  I have seena case where the security light would turn on if I did not turn the key all the wat to start before hitting the brake.  I can live with that, but I guess I would like to know if that is just how it has to be or if there was something I could do to get around this.  This was on a 2001 Grand AM that I had this happen and I told the customer to just turn the key to start before hitting the brake.  Anyone else ever seen this and know why it is that way?  Sorry I didn't start a new thread, I thought it was an appropriate piggy back comment, Not like some post where someone tries to start an entirely new topic about their car that they want help with and it obviously should be a new thread.  I hate when that happens.
J Rilla
Owner/Installer
leondebusk 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2003 at 3:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks everyone for their help. The error was mine. I failed to check dip switches for proper setting. I have found most of you were close to the solution. Thanks again. Leon
Lee

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic