Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxxx 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: March 05, 2006 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
Odd crackling with PXA-H701 / RUX-C701
Has anyone experienced this before?
Just bought a 701 combo. When I turn the rotary encoder on the RUX-C701 in volume mode there is a little crackle of distortion as it passes over each "notch" in volume value. I imagine the source of this crackling can only be from either RUX or PXA units, hence I assume I have a "bad" one? This occurs in any input mode, i.e. analog or digital.
Also, when I turn the unit on (even in digital input or analog input mode), at low low volumes (incl. 0) there is a faint mix of "swirling" tones, swinging up and down in pitch.
I am going to go through several trial measures (moving power/ground wires further away from unit, trying different amps, cables, etc.) in order to deduce the source of the problem. I would appreciate input that anyone has on this.
System consists of the following, all installed over the past week:
-Analog rca input from head unit
-Digital input from Kenwood DVD changer
-very short (6") rcas from PXA outputs to McIntosh 431 (4x100W), no EQ installed (except basic factory plug-in with adjustment options at 40Hz and 150Hz)
Speaker wires and speakers have not changed from previous system, where there was no trace of these issues.
thx
Max
destination moon
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  
does it do it both with the car on and off?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic