the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Fiberglassing the Trunk Lid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
I understand the mold construction of the trunk lids but, what do you use to attach the mold to the deck lid. Screws or something. We are wanting to mold some 6.5 in the trunk lid but, I just don't understand how the mold is going to attach the the lid. Any help would be great.
Thanks
crazyoldcougar 
Copper - Posts: 185
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 06, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
i would make a mold of both sides of the trunk lid....glass the two together then use the factory mounting points...you can by the push in spring clips as well...or you can get those dome snaps aswell...but those are really only good for inlays....and insert panels...not full panel...i would either buy some new push in spring clips or hit the wreckers up for some off another car's door panels or dash..
Fiberglass Guru.
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 7:47 AM / IP Logged  
Hey walker this is what i did for my car. I had no carpet lining or anything on it so there were no holes.  So I welded up a small piece of bracketry that had a nut welded on it then I riveted this in the place I wanted them. I placed three on the trunk.  I then made my mold of the trunk lid which had these brackets on the mold also. So then I drilled holes in the mold, got bolts and really big washers and voila you just bolt it in. Everything is hidden behind the plexiglass. Yours would be hidden behind the speakers.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!
Walkercustoms 
Copper - Posts: 219
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 09, 2006 at 8:58 AM / IP Logged  
Great I think I will try that because my SRT-4 as well has not liner.
Thanks
realitycheck 
Silver - Posts: 751
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 10, 2006 at 7:57 AM / IP Logged  
Walker if you look at hzemall.com he did an srt-4.
Learning the trade one fiberglass creation at a time!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic