icon

Remote Start on a 2004 Chevy Impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparky691 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

I recently purchased and had installed a Avital AviStart 4100 remote start & keyless entry unit into my 2004 Chevy Impala.  Unfotunately, the installers only installed the remote start functionality of the unit, leaving the door locks, trunk latch, and defroster functionality uninstalled.  I now have two remotes that I have to carry around for the same vehicle, since the buttons on the Avital remote for the door locks and the trunk are inactive.  The installer told me that I would need a serial data bus interface to add that functionality to the Avital unit, but I read on a few forums that it would be a simple "relays and resistors" installation.  I've done some installing before (mostly two-way radio and cellular equipment) so I have an idea of what's involved.  Can somebody steer me in the right direction as to what hookups I need to make in order for these functions to be active?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks to everybody in advance.

xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
If you got buldogsecurity.com you can get a scematic to hook up the keyless entry, you can use 2 relays to do this. As far as the trunk I am not sure what the trunk output is on the avital -/+, but you can switch polarity with a relay. There will be side notes to tell you how to hook this up to the relays and the to car.
sweezy11 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 12:29 PM / IP Logged  

The outputs for lock and unlock on the avistart4100 are negative.  You will need two relays and a 470 Ohm resistor to get the locks to function.  The impala uses a one wire lock system.  Lock is negative trigger through a 470 Ohm resistor.  Unlock is a straight negative trigger.   The lock/unlock wire is ORANGE / Black and is found at the BCM, gray 24 pin plug, Pin B3.  I hope this helps to get you started.

ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
The eassiest module to use on this vehicle is the GM-SL from Crimestopper. Simple coonection from your remote starter and then one wire hook up to the purple wire on the OBD2 connector. I can do one of these cars in under an hour.. this module will do trunk,doors,passlock,turn on your heated seats if available. Very easy to hook up
uffdog 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
USe the  GM-SL  quick and easy hookup,no relays involved ,save yourself the headaches
rfd

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic