icon

2001 Infiniti QX4 TrackPro alarm/starter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  

Hey everyone, a friend of mine bought a starter/alarm off of Ebay. We went to go install it in his Infiniti QX4 (the SUV), but when I was reading over the install manual, I couldn't find some things. First of all there was no way to program for double pulse unlock, there were no factory alarm disarm/arm wires, there was also no status wire for a key bypass. At least nothing that I say. It came with only one manual, and there were no phone numbers or web addresses on anything at all. I couldn't even find a model number for it. All it said on the box was TrackPro, and Car Alarm Security System. My question is, is there a way to install this correctly? Or should I just tell him to sell it on Ebay and get something better? It is a 2 way system too.

Thanks

Tim

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
Had never heard of the brand before, but there are alot of companies that do nothing but import from China and put their own labels on the product. It looks to me like the company that sells the "TrackPro" brand is Timberport Enterprises. I do not know if they would be willing to help but they do have a contact us button on their Webpage.
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on there that looked like the starter that he got. But they have one that looks exactly like the Compustar lol. I will try to find the link to the Ebay auction that he bought it from. I tried looking on my own byt I couldn't find it.

tim

e_stroud 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  

I'm dealing with the same situation.  I can't seem to get thier Tech Support to respond to emails or offer any better explanation of any of thier diagrams or where thier "vague" wires go.  If anyone finds anything out, please post it.  Funny thing is that the seller on Ebay (who I bought it from)  called the alarm system a Dynamic Solution model #2ay, and then after hounding him for three weeks he finally tells me it's from Manufacturer www.timberport.com  and that it's item #7991321769, which I found out is a Trackpro 6.  Other than that, I cant find anything else out.

e_stroud

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic