icon

Cavalier Z24 2.8L service engine light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
travis n 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Im not to sure where to put this post, so uummm. here it goes. i was driving my car (1989 Z24 2.8L 5 Speed.) and i almost got creamed by another car. so i slamed on the breaks, before the clutch (OOOPPPSSS) and stalled the car. oh well. the real problem is the Service Engine Soon light stays on, and it feels a little slugish when acceraliting, and feels like its goin to stall when i pull up to a light or stop sign. the compustar works on everything but the remote starter part. i cannot engage the remote starter before leaving the car. so i checked every wire, and the only one that didnt work right was the Tach wire. there was no signial going through the wire at all. even on the car side. what could have caused this. and how could a person fix it. i think it might be one of the three coil packs, or possibly the MAP sensor. but i dont really know. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! thanks for your help.
Trav
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
Im no mechanic, nor do I play one on TV but the coil could definatly be suspect. If you have no signal going through the tach wire than that obviously would point to a problem. As well as a loss of power and the car almost stalling also sounds like something that could point to the coil pack. With all this said I am not sure how you would verify this without just replacing the coil.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
travis n 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
money is tight, and it make no sence, the tack (RPM gauge) work fine, but the tack wire used for the remote starter gets no power. that is why i am asking.
Trav
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 07, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
possibly something coming loose? the coils are on the front of the engine, low on teh block i think, v6z24.com is a good site for those cars
travis n 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 08, 2006 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  
i checked all the cnections, and yes on the front of the motor, and i also relubed the conections. i think one of the coil packs are tost, and the other two are close behind. please tell me im wrong, cuz new coil packs for that car are not cheap.
Trav

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic