icon

R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stumpy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  

R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.93 Chevy Silverado with a Clifford Matrix RS

Remote start works however the power to the A/C cycles with the parking lights. It is currently at the default setting to flash the parking lights when remote start is active.

Remote start harness wired as follows:

• (2) RED - hooked to (2) 12V at ignition
  • PINK - hooked to PINK at ignition
  • ORANGE - hooked to ORANGE at ignition
  • PURPLE -  hooked to PURPLE (solenoid side of kill switch)
  • PINK/WHITE - not used!

I'm getting 12V for the brain and 3 other relays from the distribution panel on the firewall. Everything is soldered!

Ground is co-located with a factory ground wire at the bottom of the dash.

One other minor problem, the dash lights no longer work and the lights for the radio goes out when the parking lights are turned on. Disconnecting the parking lights did not resolve the problem.

Hope someone can can help. R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.

gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 1:16 AM / IP Logged  
sounds like everything is related to your parking light flash relay.  I would make sure all those connections are correct.
stumpy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  

After checking again I found that the A/C does not go off when the parking lights flash. Thankfully it does stay on durring remote start, however the display lights flash along with the parking lights.

I've tied into the parking lights at the switch, connecting to the BROWN (+) wire. The parking lights use possitive output however since they're on a 20a fuse I've changed the control module to use negative output and have wired a relay as follows:

• 86 - WHITE from H1/2 of control module
  • 85 - constant (+) 12 volts
  • 87 - constant (+) 12 volts
  • 30 - to BROWN wire at switch

The only problem then is that the dash lights don't work at all and when the parking lights come on the display lights for the radio and A/C go off.

Stumpy is stumped! R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.

bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 1:06 PM / IP Logged  
Ok , you had it right the first time, because the display lights are supposed to flash with the parking lights. Think about it at night you can't see the instruments until you turn on the parking lights. they are connected toghether.
stumpy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.
stumpy 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  

Yea, you're right. The parking, instrument, radio and A/C lights are all connected to the same wire. I've poured over wiring diagrams and I can't find any way to isolate the parking lamps.

As for the problem with the instrument lamps, I found a 1D10T error. I mistakenly hooked up the brown wire from the dimer switch to an un-used slot in the light switch. R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.

It's all working now and I'm damn glad that's over. Whew, next time I'll wait the two weeks to have it professionally installed. You guys definitely earn your money! Thanks for this site and all the help, without it I'd have never gotten it to work. R/S problem, A/C (IGN) flashes with Parking lights - Last Post -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic