icon

Kicker

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gibsond7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 7:32 AM / IP Logged  

What do you know about Kicker speakers.  I am thinking about installing a kicker system in my car (10 speakers)  8" RMB8 in the doors, the i4.2 component set in the front, and the 6.25 component set in the rear.  What have you heard good AND bad of them?  I am not familiar with them so i want to know actual users opinions before i go with it.

Why kicker?  They have one of the only speakers that will actually fit in my door.  I am thinking about using 2 Jensen subs (one for the front & rear speakers, and one for the doors).  I dont think i can afford kicker subs after buying the speakers, but i would also be open to opinions of their subs as well.  THanks

subs would have to be around 150 W X 2 @ 4ohm RMS for the doors, and around 50W X 4 RMS for the rest.

---------------------------------

David
1991 Toyota Celica Alltrac - System 10 sound
Currently the muffler is louder than the stereo....so i am not going for utmost quality nor thump, just decent sound.

bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
If you are not going for thump or quality then hold on on the subs until you have the cash for the kicker subs(they are really good).
gibsond7 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, that reply does not help at all. 

You are saying if i dont want huge thump or high quality...then i should wait and not buy any speakers for my car untill i can afford a pair of high quality, thumping speakers...?  I realize that they may be very good speakers, but that is not what i was asking about the subs.  I appreciate the response though.

Anyone esle got suggestions on the kicker speakers & system that i am actually thinking about installing?

Thanks,

David

David
------
1991 Toyota Celica Alltrac...a few mods :-)
bdl666 
Silver - Posts: 330
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2002 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

That is not what I ment. What  I ment is that the speakers that you are planing to buy should sound good enough for now. And that intead of buying something cheap because you don't have the money now , to wait and get something good later on. But if you don't want to wait you can check out this website they have good deals on decent subs and a sister site where you can get some good inexpensive amps.

www.justwoofers.com

www.justamps.com

gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2003 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

have always run kickers. I have some that are 5yrs old...they may look that old, but sound good still..

And my opinion (and I am by no means an expert), yes there are good and bad sounding subs but a well designed box for your application is key...I have one 10" sub in my boat (and its hard to get good sound in a boat cause its all open)..but its in a bandpass box that sounds incredible..

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic