icon

04 Trailblazer, Alarm, R/S trouble

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 6:39 AM / IP Logged  

what wires did you connect from the rs3 to the 457gw?  did you make your connection to the data wire on the obdII connection after you had Everything else plugged in?  If not disconnect the data output wire from the 457g and then disconnect the 457gw harness.  Let it sit and discharge for 5 minutes.  Then plug it back in and the FINAL step in the install process willthen be to connect the data wire to the obdII connector.  I HAVE had issues with any bypass in these gm's if the data wire is connected before plugging in the interface where the interface wont learn the vehicle.  Neway if you are still having problems try DISCONNECTING the data wire and the passlock connections ( and any other connections you may have had to make with this bypass): return them to their original condition and try starting the vehicle....DOES the security light on the dash still stay on?  Does the dome light operate properly at this point?  If so you can almost for sure pin the problem on the 457gw.  I realize my original post did not offer you any ideas to fix your problem but thats because the problems you are having sound like they are related to the interface crapping out.  The peripheral part i suggested is a one wire connection to the vehicle and eliminates the need to cut into the passlock wires (unlike the dei piece).  One other thing to check...did you connect anything else to the remote starts status output?  If so (and you may not beliieve me but....) perhaps it is backfeeding into the 457g and causing these issues....this can easliy be fixed by isolating these parts from each other with a simple diode( no relay required for something like this)  These new GM trucks are IDENTICAL in wiring and when you have problems like this it is almost always an issue with your interface. 

gordinho80 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:03 AM / IP Logged  
snotdobbs,
thank you for that information, just an update, i did tap the data wire before finishing the install, so i will be removing it and the harness from the 457 to see if thats it...
just an FYI, i did not cut any Passlock wires, i used a T Harness for the Ignition wires, there were 6 wires coming off of the T...
(2) Constant 12v
(1) Ignition
(1) 2nd Ign
(1) Acc
(1) Starter
all wires hooked up correctly...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 9:04 AM / IP Logged  
1. The DEI 547G does NOT activate the domelight with unlock. Return it and get a GM-DLBP, or hook up the domelight supervision output from your aftermarket alarm.
2. As far as the remote start turning on, but not cranking.
--A. Have you tested the Trailblazer's yellow starter wire, and verified that it is receiving power when the remote start tries to crank the engine.
--B. Is the ground-when-running output from the remote starter, connected to the ground-when-running input of the 457G? (I belive DEI calls it the "status" wire.)
If so, have you tested the wire at the plug for the 457G, verifying that it is receiving ground during remote start?
gordinho80 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  
Chris,
Will be disconnecting the Domelight supervision output from Clifford unit and hooking it up with a relay to the a domelight...see if that works out for me...
with the remote start...
A. Starter wire is receiving the power when remote start tries to crank the engine...
B. if you mean the "h1/1 Orange (-) ground-when-armed output", then no...was told that this wire is not used...
i think i just found the problem...
from the 457GW, i have the Blue/White (-) Input Ground when running connected to the h1/3 Blue/White on the Clifford, which is the color mentioned in the 457's instructions...
but looking over the manuals again now, i see that the H1/3 blue/white from the clifford is (-) Remote Start Activation Input...NOT Status Output...
looks like i have 2 options for the Output...
H1/12 RED / White (-) 200mA Channel 2 Output
or
H3/2 Blue/Black (-) 200mA Optional Third Ignition Ouput
any ideas?
gordinho80 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 3:42 PM / IP Logged  
bump?
bhurlebaus 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
use the 3rd ignition output that will give you your ground out while running
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  

yeah that'll do the trick

gordinho80 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
just hooked up the blue/white from the 457gw to the 3rd ign out...took care of remote start and security light issue...THANKS ALL
now, the only problem is the fact that the alarm does not recognize when the doors are open and constantly is arming itself...
for all who have used a 457GW in a Trailblazer, where did you connect the Grey/Black from the 457? was told to tap into grey/black at rear fuse box, i see 2 grey/black wires there, one on the tan plug, one on the blue plug of the BCM...neither work...
gordinho80 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 12:18 PM / IP Logged  
anyone have insight as to where to connect the Grey/Black from the 457?
gordinho80 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
Just noticed that when i start my car with the key, the SECURITY light stays on...if I remote start it, it does not come on...
I do not have the Gray/Black wire from the 457 plugged into anything as I am still trying to figure out what wire to connect it to on the TrailBlazer...
anyone have any insight on this issue?
Thanks...
Mario
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic