05 Avalanche, acc

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
floaterr 
Silver - Posts: 383
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Hey,
Can someone please check on an 05 avalanche if turning the key to the "ACC" position on powers up the dash?
   On mine the digital shift indicator comes on and so does the battery light in the upper right side.
     BTW I'm asking because I'm pretty sure mine did this right when I bought it but wanted to make sure. My trucks battery is suddenly dead after about an hour of the OEM radio being on. Alm was installed in April, trouble startd in Nov. I'll double check I isolated the wires in the alm but wanted to ask first..
Thanks
floaterr 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
ok, maybe anyone with an 05 fullsize?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
2005 Silverado 3/4 ton.
Shift indicator, and battery light are the only things that light up when in the acc(1st click) position. Remainder comes on with the ign(2nd click). I believe it is the same on all fullsize GM.
Same as you described w/your Avalanche.
Hope this answers the question.
floaterr 
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the answer. Just tested the same on an o5 extended cab.
I hate the freakin dealership. Never want to change the battery...
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
Dealerships can be the nightmare of the industry. Locally there are a couple that are very good, and will work with you to resolve an issue. There are others that you must remove the system from the vehicle, have them fix the problem and then put the system back in to not have them void the electrical warranty. It really depends on the technicians they have in the shop, a good tech will diagnose the problem and offer possible solutions. Others will just see that it has an aftermarket product and blame it without diagnosing anything. Hell, there is a dealer locally that has a 12V guy installing prestige products and telling customers that you cannot install anything other than Toyota products to retain your factory warranty (this is second hand info, but I tend to believe it)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic