the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Suggestions on replacing my Xtant 1001

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  

Brax is very high end equipment. Good luck finding their products.

bogey 
Copper - Posts: 68
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 5:42 PM / IP Logged  
audiocableguy wrote:
The Helix line is the middle of the road, still excellent quality.
Likewise, I haven't heard either, but the comment that Helix is "middle of the road" reminded me of an earlier post by DYohn. In this post he said, "Yes, McIntosh is what I consider a high-end amplifier. Also amps from companies like Milbert, Brax, Helix (same as Brax actually), Genesis, Bryston, Linn, Zapco, Adcom and Nakamichi to name a few.
JL Audio makes good amps pretty much equivalent in overall quality to JBL, Alpine, Eclipse, etc."
So, perhaps in comparison to Brax, Helix would be considered "middle of the road." But in relation to JL, Alpine, etc. perhaps it would be above the middle.
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  

Top notch equipment.

That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Looking to replace my blown out Xtant, have been shopping around a bit but having a difficult time in coming up with a solution!  Give me a hand, out of these amps let me know what you would pick(and why)  its pushing a single IDmax 12dvc(for now).Thanks!

Zapco 9.0

Brax x2000

MMATS D2000.2

Arc Audio 2500 XXK

Eclipse DA7122

Audison VRX 1.500

Again thanks!

pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  

tcss wrote:
It's still about a month and a half away but everything I hear about the new Alpine PDX-1.1000 is that it is the next great idea in amps. 1000 watts RMS into 2 or 4 ohms in a size a little bigger then the palm of your hand. Almost no heatsink. Go on their websight and check it out. Steve Brown who builds Alpine's demo cars says it's the easiest to install amp he's ever used.  You can actually fit 1000 watts under the front seat of an import car.

That thing is ultra small for 1000W RMS into 4 and 2 ohms - wow!

pcguy760 
Copper - Posts: 154
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Forgot to add a link for those of you wanted to see what this new amp is all about .. here is the crotchfield link :

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-d7o3prjf2h7/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=120&id=features_and_specs&i=500PDX1100#Tab

One_Evil_Necro 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 12:19 AM / IP Logged  
wow, definately looks interesting, too bad I missed it at CES, was too busy looking at that 103" plasma screen =/
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic