icon

03 tahoe overhead dvd

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
five0_4tluv 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 8:35 PM / IP Logged  
i want to install an Audiovox VOD1023 in my Tahoe but the installer is concerned about the weight of the unit. I have a sunroof. i'd like some opinions on what to do. it seems to me that any overhead dvd will be about the same weight because of the built-in player. also what about resolutions. is 800x480 the minimum to get due to DVD native resolution begin 720x480? most seem to be 1440x234
thanks
arrivalanche 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 13, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
ive done plenty of all in one units in those. hell ive done plenty of 15" flipdowns in there. i seriously think that if they havent done one of those before you should take it somewhere else because they dont know what they are doing. any installer by this time in their career should have came upon this install.
five0_4tluv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  
ok thanks. i only have 2 choice for the install and the other one is $200 more. so any info on resolutions to look for. is 1440x234 going to be enough. i have not seen a screen yet with those specs that look good.
five0_4tluv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
i went to a third place and chose a Rosen G10. i've always liked the Rosen units and the res is 800x480. which is DVD quality..
arrivalanche 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 12:03 AM / IP Logged  
i think you just need to use you eye and pick one. you start looking at the numbers and i think you will be looking forever.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic