2002 Kia Rio Clutch Switch Bypass Info

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
akira_kj 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 14, 2006 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

I need to know how to bypass a clutch switch safely. Im installing a Autostart on the car with a manual transmission. I have a decent background in electronics. What I dont want to do is disable the clutch switch just mearly bypass it with the autostart. the brand of the autostart is Ultrastart model 1256M. A wiring diagram showing the clutch switch wiring would be great. Or the mannor in which this exact clutch switch operates would be great aswell. My guess is to run the starter wire from the autostart to one side of the clutch switch and see if that works but i could be wrong =[.

Thnx guys

2002 kira rio Manual trans

jmroussel 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: March 15, 2006 at 11:55 AM / IP Logged  
Use a digital multi-meter or a safe test light and check the 2 wires at the clutch switch; press clutch pedal & turn ignition switch to start ( make sure the shifter is in neutral position & hand brake on), if one wire got 12Volts all the time & the other got 12Volts only when you turn the ign key to start, the last one should be connected to the start wire from your Ultrastart. If one of the wires at the clutch switch shows (-) when starting, connect your (negative when running) from Ultrastart to this wire.
j-marc

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic