icon

Scytek Astra 777, 96 Taurus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CorNut 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged  
I bought myself a Scytek Astra 777 off of fleabay for $80 shipped(used a 10% off coupon.. almost made up for the $12 shipping cost). I got the coupon and needed to use it so I decided being able to warm my car up before leaving for work would be awesome. My regular car has a Viper 791XV in it but I paid to have it installed but my work car however.. There is no way I'm paying a professional ;)
I have a 96 Ford Taurus GL Wagon(I am a mailman in a rural area.. don't laugh) and I don't even know where to really start lol.. I will be recieving the alarm in a couple days and I wanted to make sure I have everything I need before then to install it this weekend.
I am completely newb to alarm installs so any diagrams, pointers.. or whatever will be appreciated. Will I need relays for the power locks to work with the alarm?? My roomate said he wasn't sure because with his alarm he did.. and my other friends alarm didn't need them. on Skytra's website it says something about the optional plug in door lock relays(see below).. does that mean I will need them??
I am "not" new to electronics.. I am real big into audio/video, and was an Avionics Tech back when I was in the military.. I just haven't done an alarm before, I know I can but any tips to make it easier would be awesome.. plus let me know how many relays or anything else I'll need to buy.. I want the remote start, power locks, and flashing lights. I could care less about anything else.. I'm even turning the shock sensor all the way down, I don't have anything of value in the car other than a $100 CD player and $50 Sirius tuner that is mounted in the back(not visible)
Astra 777
One Carbon Fiber 2-Way 5 Button LCD remote control with Vibration Mode
One 5 Button code hopping Remote Control (four remotes max.)
Built-In Parking-Light Relay
Plug-in user programmable Coded Override Switch
Plug-in Dual-Zone Dual Adjust Piezo Sensor
Horn Output
Remote Door Locking/Unlocking negative outputs
Passenger Unlock Output
Two Auxiliary Channels
User-Selectable Auto-Arming
User-Selectable Auto-Rearming
Remote Panic with Smart Locking/Unlocking
User-Selectable Auto-Lock
Remote Keyless Entry and Accessory Activation Even in Valet Mode
Remote-Controlled Courtesy Lighting
Pre-wired LED, Sensor, and Valet Switch Connectors
Auto Disarm with Auxiliary 1 Activation (Trunk Release Output)
Alarm Trigger zone Identification
Optional plug-in Door Lock Relay Module
thanks the12volt members
CorNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
at one point in my last post I said skytra's website.. I meant skytek ;) also I am not a fan of the 2 way carbon fiber remote.. I will be using the non 2 way one.. I am NOT needing this for security.. having it just go off if a door is opened is fine by me.. I don't need the shock sensor or need to even be notified if it goes off. The main reason for this second post though is I was reading my first post and noticed the stuff I copy & pasted says "horn output" and says nothing of a siren.. lol, this an alarm that uses my horn as a siren??
http://www.scytek.net/product_astra_security_777.html
CorNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 1:16 PM / IP Logged  
I'm so sorry for a 3rd post already.. I can't seem to find the edit post link if there is one to include all this info in the original post.. :(
I have the diagram for my car though, all I really need to know is the relay issue.. do I need to buy some?? how many?? Is there a siren?? I searched the 777 and found brief stuff on it, but not what I'm looking for
CorNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 2:37 PM / IP Logged  
lol a 4th post... I really wish I could edit posts.. anyway, I found out that the 777 didn't have the remote start option and luckily I caught the seller right before they shipped it, I am now getting the Astra 1000RS-2W-1 ;)
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
If your car's key is of the larger size, your car has a PATS system, this is Ford's built in anti-theft device. You will need to get yourself a bypass module of some sort, either a key-in-a-box type or something similar to the 555F from DEI.
You will not need any extra relays for that car/system. The system includes a second ignition output and the sheet for your car lists a second accessory. You can connect the Scytek's second ignition output to the car's second accessory wire and program the scytek to use it as an accessory output. The second accessory may not be needed.
The door locks in your car are negative trigger, and that system has negative outputs for the locks so you can hook directly to them. You can find the wiring diagram for your car here.
CorNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
awesome, that is what I wanted to hear. Yah I already managed to find the wiring diagram on this site so I am golden. My main concern was whether or not I needed to buy any relays because I wanted to be able to just install it when it showed up. I have a regular size key with the basic rubber cover on the end.. no immobilizer bypass or anything needed like on my other car(556U.)
thanks
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
the gl taurus does not have a chip key. although you do have two accessories and two ignitions to power up. you will need a relay for that.
CorNut 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
ok, that sucks but not too bad.. Gonna call my friend right now to see if he has one, if not it's off to Napa ;)   thx mobilecustoms
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
no prob- i have a 1997 with the pats key... same car though

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic