icon

2 accesory wires on ’03 mazda protege 5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeryl 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  

ok i have an alarm that has one accessory wire and two ignition wires for remote start relay... problem the 02 year and the 03 maza protege 5's have the wires listed as :

02 blck/red as igntion #2

03 blck/rd as accessory #1

i know it makes a difference which wire is which but i cant check the wires b/c the blck/rd wire turns on only in the on position to me they would have 12 volts when u turn on the ignition only which is the same thing  but the two years are very close.

it is an -'03 mazda protege 5 so if the wiring diagram is right @

http://www.designtech-intl.com/main.asp?action=select&yr=5431&product=Remote%20Start&make=Mazda&model=Protege5

also visited www.bulldogsecurty.com and of course the 12volt.com but didnt have it

how would i hook up 2 accesory wires when i have only one accesory wire from the output from the remote/start alarm instead of an accesory 2 wire like most have ignition 1 and 2 wires...

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Check your manual, on most remote starters you can select which type of output ignition 2 is. It is typically a setting in the programming portion of the manual. You would then just connect the ignition 2 output to the accessory 2 of the vehicle and change it's behaviour via the programming menu. That is if the wire is needed for remote start, some of these are not required even though they may be listed on the tech sheets. If you list the make/model of your starter we may be able to find the install manual for you and guide you a little farther.
nccentral 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
Usually one accessory is for like heat/air and the other acc. is for like the radio so unless you want the radio to come on when you remote start the second acc. does not need to be hooked up.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic