icon

Automobile Compass/Thermometer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
effectivesols 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
I purchased a compass/thermometer to install in my '04 Mustang GT.  The compass came with a CR123A lithium battery, and a 12 volt cord to be plugged into a car receptacle.  However, I want to hardwire the unit.  On the back of the unit is a 12 volt jack.  My requirement; I need a new plug to go into the 12 volt jack on the back of the unit, I need to know the correct type of wire to hardwire the unit, and I need to know the best place to run wire to get power.  Where do I get the plug and the wire?  A place like Radio Shack?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.     
GJ
Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try."
schmoo 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 3:43 PM / IP Logged  
All you need to do is cut off the cig lighter plug and use that cable.  I would suggest you hook it up to an accessory 12 volt source.  The easiest place to tap into would be the ignition harness.  Just look up the alarm wiring using the vehicle wiring source on the left of this page.
a true canadian eh!
effectivesols 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 17, 2006 at 3:48 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the reply schmoo.  The cord that came with the unit is coiled like a telephone cord.  If it were straight, then your suggestion would work. 
GJ
Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try."

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic