icon

SPL Record

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2006 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  

Does anybody know what  the record is for a single driver? (inches class, not wattage)

Also, what are the divisions of the inches class? (typically. I know some comps are different)

Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Well the 2 major org's are DB drag and USACi....neither one have a real single sub class.
But USACI has Street beat 1
2 10in or 1 12in
you play a comercially availible cd for 30 seconds and the average SPL is taken..highest I have seen so far is a 148.3db
Db drag has street A
same sub sizes but using a pure tone
The best score this year is 157.2db, the score from finals last year was 155.1
I would check more into the rules with each organization, USACI is listed at
http://www.soundoff.org/rules.htm
DB drag is listed at
http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/rules/
hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can help with
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 9:15 AM / IP Logged  
To give you some examples.....
I run in Pro-Stock Open power class....but will be pro-stock 0-1000 at world finals
the 0-1000 defines the total rms power of all the amps in the vehicle. you are not limited by any sub sizes, you are allowed to run up to 18volt, and the audio system but be in the cargo comaprtment or behind the b pillars in a hatchback
We are currently running 3380 watts (measured via a clamp meter and dmm Ac curent x AC voltage)
We are still running with a resting voltage of 14.24volts before burp
(2) 12 Kicker L7's
factory alt and battery under the hood, and a kinetik 2400 in the rear right by the amp
In the next month I wil begin working on our newest CRX
We have seen direct drop in's from the civic to the CRX with a 3.5-5.5 db gain
I will also have 8000-9000 watts running off a 18 volt setup (17.7 to be exact)
(4) Kicker L7's instead of 2
I am hoping to really have things go way up very soon...it wil make for a very interesting year
2007 World Record
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
wow, nice numbers. Do you know what equipment produced them? And how they were set up?
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 19, 2006 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
I am not sure on the db drag setup, but the USACi setup for Street Beat A was using a pair of atomic apocylipse 10's with a american bass 400.1 powering it.
The db drag setup i am unsure on right now...I will do a little more digging and see what I can come up with
2007 World Record
willdkartunes 
Copper - Posts: 250
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2006 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  

No classes for a single 10" subwoofer, huh? Do you think it would be possible to have any competition against a single twelve with one ten?

I have already talked about entering contests with local guys around where I'm at. Nothing big right off the bat. I have to start out somewhere right? I figure once I woop down on some local comps I'll be ready for something big like DB Drag, USACi, etc. My goal was to hit around 140-145 db so that's right around where your stated numbers were. I was told by people that I would have a good chance entering in inches with the setup I'm talking about. I'll get killed in wattage class like your in. Too many watts and not enough subs! I guess around here in local competitions, the guy said it goes 1000 watts and up. So I'd have my single 10" sub and if someone like you were there with your (4) Kicker L7's, then you would be considered in the same class! I would say that's kinda unfair, considering the fact that I would lose most definitely!! lol. Of course, I know there are much different rules in bigger competitions like USACi and DB drag. I've never heard of anyone entering in serious competitions like that with only one 10 though! (Then again I could be wrong...) I've talked with DYohn on this subject already and he said to give it a shot. That's exactly what I intend to do! I badly want to compete and have been waiting for this opportunity since I was a little kid. I don't really care if I win, just looking for the chance to compete.

By the way DYohn, did mention that I should talk to you (jeffchilcott) as you are quite experienced in the field of SPL. (This is obvious as I have seen your page at Cardomain and read many of your posts)

Also, Congratulations on your and Team Twisted Images' achievements, and I hope you continue to better yourself and your team. Great job.

Do whatever makes you happy in life without diminishing the happiness of others
jeffchilcott 
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 7:42 AM / IP Logged  
I appreciate it very much, by the way we are only running 2 12's right now....on one 12" the #'s are almost more impressive
I will do some more searching later this afternoon on MECA and NSPL divisions, I am not that fimilar with them but have many contacts and I can get the basis for you.
Db Drag is very hard to get into...I have considered making to move to run in both org's but the money is a huge restriction.
Last year alone my girlfriend spent nearly $6,000 to compete throughout the year.
I am already $4500 in for the year and have another $1500 ready to be spent by the end of the week.
If you have any other questions feel free to pm me.
2007 World Record

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic