icon

FG door panels 03 cavalier 4-door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 1:40 AM / IP Logged  
hey man keep this updated cuz I might just scrap my project of added kickpods to my door and go with a whole new design considering I have a 94 Suzuki Sidekick and the panel is basically a piece of 1/8" wood with plastic and a handle to close the door with. . . lol I am liking what you have done so far, keep it up man lookin good!!!
sprawl85 
Copper - Posts: 204
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
well thanks for all the compliments everyone. I haven't updated lately because I finally got a job and they are workin me about 60 hours a week. So I don't really have time to do much else except relax... but it pays pretty good so I will have funding to continue the project no problem. Once overtime dies down I should have some updated pix for ya. Prolly in about a week I should get 2 days off.
fiberglass reminds me of peanut brittle... but fiberglass tastes better!
pmendoza408 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 30, 2006 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
looking good are you goind to paint the door panel or are you going to wrap it?
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 01, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
still kinda tryin to decide... if I am gonna wrap them I am about done with sandin hehe. That's a huge plus. I was thinkin about going gloss black... right now my car is pretty much stock. I have done a custom headliner, but I am willing to redo it. It is black vinyl right now. I don't know really I am still thinking it over
playr747 
Copper - Posts: 65
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Thin resin with styrene...Works great at wicking through mat or cloth
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2006 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
I thought styrene was foam?
Also I think i have decided to wrap these in white vinyl. I have some swatches coming in I will post pictures of whenever they get here and I'll want everyone's opinions.
grantd 
Copper - Posts: 60
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 1:53 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know what playr is talking about with the styrene and fiberglass but styrene is just another plastic.
When they take styrene and inject it with pentane gas bubbles they make styrofoam...is that what you're thinking of sprawl?
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged  
Ummm I didn't know they use pentane gas... or that styrofoam was just another kind of plastic with bubbles in it, but now that I think about it that makes a lot of sense. I think i kinda just put two and two together in my head and though.... styrene / styrofoam and then kinda figured they came from the same thing or somethin. I dunno, sometimes I just make doodie up too.
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2006 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey I just got my swatches in and I think I am going to go ahead and go with the bright white vinyl. I dunno there is just something that gets me off about something that bright and clean and smooth and sexy and caressable... well you get my point. here are some pictures of it. It was hard to get how white it is to come out right in the picture. I put it next to an offwhite swatch I got in the last picture and you can tell. I tried different settings on the camera too.
FG door panels 03 cavalier 4-door - Page 3 -- posted image.
Click on thems for supasizeded pitures nickel
sorry ebonic moment
and I thought I would give ya guys a pic of the car so you know what i'm workin with here. I need the bumper painted. It is just in white primer right now and I haven't got the side skirts in yet. And it needs rims and a drop.
they aren't the best pictures right now, I will post a 5.0mp version of it so you can see the texture as soon as my ftp site comes back up.
sprawl85 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2006 at 12:04 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, a lil update, my vinyl comes today and I put a chevy symbol in the door that my crossovers are going to sit inside check it out, click on them for ginormous pics.
And look at this huge bluegill! He is inside a cooler lid, i wish i would have remembered to weigh him before i ate his fatass.
and this is how many we caught. All of them over 8 inches or else we throw them back. Lots of good eatin there. Either me or my wife caught this many like 4 days in a row. Our freezer is stuffed with lots of tasty fishes.
EDIT 1:
I GOTS MY VINYL!
I just want to take a moment to recommend denverfabrics.com to everyone for vinyl/suede/other fabric projects. I have ordered from them twice now and each time they have shipped within the next day and have had a superior quality product. I dont know if anyone else has ordered from them before, but they should!    Here is a linky if anyone wants to check them out. They give you two extra inches for every yard you order, they only charge like 2 bucks for every swatch and then they give you 2 bucks off your order. They are just really customer oriented and a pleasure to do business with. And their prices are unbeatable.
Here is what they gave me! Click on them for bigger pics.
White vinyl yeayeah
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic