icon

1997 buick regal, trunk release button?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the_one369 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

i have a 1997 buick regal LS...i bought it from the dealership and as i was looking for the trunk release button i saw that i couldn't find one....but the 2 remotes that came with it both have a trunk release button on it and it works just fine....my 2 questions are

is there a button that im just not finding?

i have an alpine alarm system that im going to install and im wondering is that going to be a problem when i go to install my alarm 

the_one369 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 10:45 AM / IP Logged  
yeah i checked the glove box and i even took apart the dash a little bit and i still can't find anything
tomgrice 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

refer to  http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=44083

"Missing from the Regal is an interior trunk release button and a scuff plate along the lower edge of the trunk opening. "

The '97 doesn't have a trunk release button. 

tlg

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
The release wire can be found behind the glove box, brown at the relay. Negative trigger.
the_one369 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 8:36 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for that post Twelvoltz.....well my second question is how would i wire up my alpine alarm to my trunk relay so i can use one of the 3 ext. to pop open the trunk with the alarm remote......i have an alpine SEC-100 alarm
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 9:40 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to just hook the channel output directly to the brown wire. The output is probably 200ma or less, but this should be ok, because you are just triggering the relay that controls the trunk pop motor.
the_one369 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 21, 2006 at 9:44 PM / IP Logged  
ok thanks do you know anything about hooking up the windows to the remote aux. so you can roll them down and back up if you do how is this done

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic