icon

Matrix rsx3.5, 2005 Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ago0606 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 12:08 AM / IP Logged  

Okay, here's the problem... The matrix is installed on the Tahoe and has been for the past year... a new remote had to be bought to replace the broken one. When it was being programed the installer says that there are wires and functions that are not installed that should be. Also the brain was not integrated in the car and easily seen.

After the brain was moved somehow the siren was not loud any more... then when the alarm was unarmed the siren started going off. I cut the ground because the siren sounds when unarmed and doesn't when armed.

Checked it with a meter and the siren wire has 12volts going to it when the alarm is unarmed and nothing when armed. Everything else seems to test correctly on the brain. Tried a different siren and the same thing.

Now I have an alarm with no siren and the only warning I would have is the remote chirping briefly.

Can anyone help me?

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
The siren wire for that system should only be providing +12V when it is triggered (going off/lock confirm/unlock confirm etc.). If you have +12V at that wire when the system is disarmed there is something not right. I would take it back to the installer to figure out what is wrong. It really sounds like when it was moved, things were not hooked back up correctly. You mentioned that the system operated fine for a year, what is it that the installer said was not correct? I assume you paid the installer to fix the things he/she recommended. Take it back to that person to fix it.
ago0606 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  

yes, I realize something is not right, but what would he have hooked up wrong that would cause this problem?

He hasn't been able to find it and if anyone has any insight on what could have caused this problem, it would be most helpful to find out what it could be. I was just hoping someone would have heard of this happening and could help me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic