icon

Eurolite Conversion Kit

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cgkmark 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 10:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys, I just bought a Eurolite Sealed Beam Conversion lights for replaceable H4 bulbs...but the wiring is different...does anyone know how I can wire the lights up with out the chance of blowing them to peices...the old light is a H4656 and i want to wire in H4's...and does anyone know of any older cars i might find at a junk yard that might have the H4 adapter i can cut out
cgkmark 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 22, 2006 at 12:10 PM / IP Logged  
haha so i figured out the wiring...it turns out that it isnt a headlight that was out...something else is wrong...because my low beam on the driver side doesnt work but the high beam does...does anyone know what would cause that?
ff-mike 
Copper - Posts: 199
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged  
Low quality OEM wiring.
My Jeep lost its fog lights due to a poor connector- the pins rotted out and took out a section of the wire along with it. I clipped it back and rewired, problem solved.
When I upped my 6054s to H4, I trashed the OEM wiring before that connectore, and routed new / larger wiring to relays for the lamps, and got some new headlamp sockets. The old system checked out at 12.1 volts at the high beam terminal with the stock lamps lit> After the relay, wiring, HH4 conversion, and upping to a 100w highbeam, I checked out at 13.1 volts.
cgkmark 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged  
so it was considerably brighter then eh? i think i might try that...in the summer when i have time and nice weather...but for not i got it working..it was just a fuse...but it def wouldnt hurt to rewire it
ff-mike 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Light output is an exponential function, and 'brightness' is the square of the light output. The graph below is based on US spec halogen headlamps, which have their output ratings base on 12.8VDC.
Eurolite Conversion Kit -- posted image.
siresmerph 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 11:43 PM / IP Logged  

cgkmark wrote:
so it was considerably brighter then eh? i think i might try that...in the summer when i have time and nice weather...but for not i got it working..it was just a fuse...but it def wouldnt hurt to rewire it

try suvlights.com for a  wire harness. that might also help your bulbs get a lil more juice out of em. or if you got some pennies saved up....go fer an hid kit.

ff-mike 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  
Most HID kits are junk- the capsule is not located properly in the housing to use the optics of the lamp. Not to mention that kits that utilize a non-HID housing are universally illegal

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic