icon

install 2 single DIN units..need suggestions

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 01, 2003 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  

I have a GMC pickup, and installed a clarion vrx-825 (HU, with the motorized screen) and the VS-715 single DIN DVD unit.

Right  now the DVD I temporarily mounted to the bottom of the dash using "L" brackets...I was wanting some ideas on where to relocate this unit. I have the remote IR Eye, so I can put it just about anywhere, but still want it to be within reach from the drivers seat..Any Ideas, or previous install experiences would greatly be appreciated!!!!

2000wattMatt 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2003 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Ok man i think i have the answer to your problem, but i need a little more info.  I installed a kenwood 519 deck (single DIN) and a Kenwood Graphic Equalizer, also single din into my dash on my 1996 Chevrolet Z71.  First off, I need to know your year model so i know what dash style you have.  It is very easy to install 2 DIN units into the factory stereo 1.5 DIN slot with a few modifications if you have the 1996 style Dash.  All you need is a dremel or some sort of a rotary tool to cut away a little of the plastic inside the dash and some angle iron or some sort of metal to create some brackets.  If you send me an email with your truck's year model and also if it has a factory CD player in it, i will be able to go into a little more detail on your install.  I will take some pics of mine for you and i will remove my units to show you where all the exact cuts need to be made.  Good luck man and as always GM 4X4 is the only way to go.  There should be more websites for Chevy/GM 4X4 owners with bad ass systems
gmc4x4 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2003 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged  
my bad..its a 92 it had the factory funky thing on the to the right of the instrument cluster. And the tape/eq thing in the middle. I used a kit to put the Clarion HU in the middle of the dash(where the tape/eq was located). And replaced the original with a plastic insert.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic