the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

no clock display, possible illumination?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Pr0to 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 1:20 AM / IP Logged  
ok heres the deal, i have a 94 acura integra, and in my old car when i installed my panasonic cq-cs301u it all worked fine, but the little clock up on my dash didnt work. well, that car got totaled due to some lady running a stop sign so i yanked out my system and put it in my new integra (also a 94) and i got everything working again and i have the same problem. and this angered me this time because its got a jdm amber clock instead of the american blue one.
anyways, my panasonic doesnt have an "illumination" wire, and i pulled out the clock to look at the wires coming out of it and the only one i recognized in my radio area is the BLACK/ red illumination wire. so im guessing that's the power for the clock, but what should i hook the wire to if my radio doesnt have an illumination wire?
and yes the clock works it was hooked up to the old radio that came with the car.
anyone have an idea on this one?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
did you use the proper wiring integration harness when you installed your HU in the Integra?  or did you hack and slash it?  
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
This happened to me once on a 1988 toyota camry.  The clock worked fine with the factory head unit, but once I put in a new head unit, the clock no longer worked.  This head unit also did not have an illumination wire.  It turned out that I blew a fuse somehow relating to the clock.  So check all your fuses under the hood and in the car fusebox.  It may be ur problem.
Pr0to 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
well the guy who had it before me had some system in it but he took it all out and the people who installed it didnt use a stock harness adapter :( so i had to do it manually, but i have all the diagrams for it i just dont have a illumination wire on my aftermarket one.
all the wires back there are hooked up except for the BLACK/ red illumination wire and a yellow/blue wire but i dont know what that one is for its not on my diagram.
Pr0to 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
tbone587 wrote:
This happened to me once on a 1988 toyota camry. The clock worked fine with the factory head unit, but once I put in a new head unit, the clock no longer worked. This head unit also did not have an illumination wire. It turned out that I blew a fuse somehow relating to the clock. So check all your fuses under the hood and in the car fusebox. It may be ur problem.
i checked all those yesterday after the radio had no power to it, one of the fuses under the hood was blown but i fixed that.
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
hmm, for me once i fixed the blown fuses the clock came back on....  U can try  touchin the illumination wire to a power source to see if the clock goes on by any chance
Pr0to 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
yeah im out of town now til tuesday, i'll try that when i get back home though. thanks.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic