icon

headlight covers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
the_one369 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 12:03 PM / IP Logged  
so i can't find any headlight covers for my 97 buick so im open to trying to make some does anyone either have a site that tells you how or does someone know how....i don't want to black them out i just want to tint them
damageinc97 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
Depending on the design of the headlight, Ihave seen people use the old flat style bugshields and cut them to size and stick them on with dual-lok velcro.
the_one369 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 12:11 PM / IP Logged  
yeah i know its not leagle thats why i want to make a cover that i can remove because the cops in my city allow them as long as they are not blacked out and you can remove them at night
the_one369 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
my bad
damageinc97 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thier headlight covers, not machine guns, they are sold on every website and seen on cars all over the globe, how illegal can they be. They come off, they arent superglued on.headlight covers -- posted image.
the_one369 
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 4:13 PM / IP Logged  

yeah but upgrading your stereo system so that you can hear it 1/4 mile away is not leagel also but alot of people are on this site trying to figure out how to make them louder so whats the diff?....and i just want them so when i go to a show that i can match my windows and my tail lights

P.S. im not tryin to pick a fight on here or make someone made im just lookin for some help thats all

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

If theres a noise law....It's NOT legal. If theres a law on headlight covers....It's NOT legal.   It's THAT simple!

If its TOO loud, your breaking the law, If your not supposed to cover your headlight with tint, your breaking the law. Do you see what Im saying?

No they are NOT machine guns....but illegal, is illegal. This site has rules....play by them!

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
The easiest way to make some covers for show use would be to get some thin tinted plexiglass, heat it and bend it accordingly. If you don't have any experience with this, I wouldn't expect anything perfect. If you remove the light and heat the plexiglass and bend it around the actual light to get a close shape the results probably wouldn't be to bad. Also if you choose to use them for uses other than shows, I would check into the local laws first. Generalizing that the cops in your area allow them just can't be true. Also in most places they aren't allowed whether its day or night don't think just because the sun is out that they are acceptable. Good luck,
Mike
damageinc97 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 10:10 AM / IP Logged  
Ok I can see this forum is a little to "conservative" for me. I thought helping a guy make some headlight covers for his Buick was a little different than telling him how to disengage his airbag, or daytime running lights, but i guess I was wrong. I shall nolonger post or be part of this forum, thanks to everyone that helped me with my issues, the others can go cry to thier mommy, cause the bad man helped somebody make headlight covers. Must be tough not to have anything else to do.headlight covers -- posted image. 
the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 10:27 AM / IP Logged  

First of all, it is the moderators' job to moderate these forums, not bobk's or anyone else's. The rule he quoted is intented to prevent posts that would lead to injurying or killing someone such as watching video while driving or adding a remote start made for an automatic transmission to a vehicle with a manual transmission, and is not intended to prevent posts about making head light covers.

headlight covers -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic