the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Got new remotes, now why wont they work?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
brieldo 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
Guys,
I finally, after months, got new remotes for my Viper 791XV. I went to program them today using the ignition/valet 2x holding after 2nd/pushing button on remote... and nothing....it wont respond.
I got the chirp upon entering this programming mode and after i turned the ignition on, but not when the remote was pressed. Anybody got any thoughts?
brieldo 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
I should add that this is a 99 ford F150 lightning
doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

It sounds like you have the install guide, but make sure you are doing things correctly......Open door (if you've tapped the dome light wire, make sure it's not turned off) Turn ignition on, press and release, press and hold Valet button, should get confirmation chirp then press lock button on remote, should get confirmation chirp.  Make sure the alarm is not in valet before you start.  If that still doesn't work, try manual programing each button, by following the steps in the install guide.

brieldo 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
I did just what you said and still no response...I havent tried manually programming all the buttons, however, i'm guessing that if it wont program using the default method, the manual way is probably not going to work either...
Any further thoughts? What about this whole business of unplugging the antenna for 10 minutes?
brieldo 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 23, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
So i went out and tried to do the manual programming routine and still nothing....wtf is wrong with this thing? The only other thing I can think of to add to the information I've provided is that around the time it stopped working, I had jump started the truck...that help at all?
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  
Unlpug the antenna for a few minutes and try again
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
unplug the main power harness from the brain..and plug back in...some times reseting ti helps.
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Or, they used the domelight for the door sense, which, I belive turns off once the key is turned on..... making it rather interesting to program a remote.
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  
are you sure that you got the right remotes for your system
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 25, 2006 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Since you have the install manual, try programming the tachometer rate, or try to put the unit into and out of valet mode.
If you can program tach or go into valet...... you know the constant power, ground, ignition on/off, and valet switch wiring are probably all good........time to check out the antenna, antenna cable, or the possibility of an incorrect remote.
If it won't do any of those things, the system is not working for some reason.......
If you have testing equipment and the ability to use it, test at the Viper's brain for constant, ground, ignition, and a ground on the valet switch's gray wire when pressing.........
If you do not have test equipment, inspect all of the three fuses for the Viper system. Sometimes, fuses will blow when jump-starting.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic