icon

Trouble finding very long neons for trunk

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sstaylor 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
In my current project, I am planning on illuminating all around the edges of two amps that are under plexiglass and are side by side. Since they are side by side it makes the total width across about 30". Unfortunately I can not find any neons 30" without buying an underbody kit.
Do I have to bite the bullet and buy an underbody kit just for this length? Would I be able to buy 2 15" tubes and put them side by side without any noticable difference? Any suggestions, thoughts, or comments are GLADLY welcome. Thanks!
xscash 
Copper - Posts: 317
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

plexi is great for this ... but when lit ...all scratches glow..Trouble finding very long neons for trunk - Last Post -- posted image.  you can use this to your advantage....by taping and scuffing a sharp outline a smaller light will be picked up by the scratches and made to look longer....try it on a scrap peice first. endless possibilities.

xs

coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 24, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
if you cannot actually see the lights, putting 2 neons together is very rarely noticed.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 10:59 AM / IP Logged  
did you check Eurolight? they have neon light tube of 12", 15" 36", 48" http://www.audio-warehouse.com/web/category/Neon+Products/manufacturer/EuroLite/prod.asp
siresmerph 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 11:59 PM / IP Logged  
putting 2   15in tubes side by side shouldn't be to noticeable. and i agree with the scratches thing too.
05honda 
Copper - Posts: 100
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
Xscash is right.....Ill add to what he said...Take a piece of rough sand paper (40-80 grit)and a small piece of plexiglass(scrap piece) and rought up the surface of the plexi....Then when the neon is behind it you will not be able to see the tube itself through the plexi and the light will be projected more evenly over the plexiglass.....Good luck...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic