icon

honda civic door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ashfieldv 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  

hi there i need some info i installed a remote start car alarm on this 2001 honda civic and a 2004 civic after connecting the door lock wires they didnt work when i went into the back of the door and disabled the central lock system they worked if i add relays with the central locking engaged will it work....

the reason is that i lose control of all the doors on when i disable the central locking and i would like to control them via my driver side

ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 27, 2006 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
If its  a rh drive civic you must use relays to work the door locks,use  reverse polarity system and it will keep the factory locks working properly.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.
ashfieldv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 6:38 AM / IP Logged  
yes it is a right hand drive civic actually both of them
ashfieldv 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 6:41 AM / IP Logged  
do u have any info also why a nissan almeira i this it is a replacent for the sentra not to certain anyway the passenger door locks with movement on the driver side but all doors unlock this is after installing a remote start car alarm...the car also has factory security system
ringojam 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
Yes on the passenger side remove the glove box, look upper left you will see a white box.In that box is the door lock system if you pluse the grey and purple - they will lock all doors, but only unlock 3 doors drivers wont un lock,what you will have to do is open the box  and test the contacts with a test lamp.There you will find unlock all doors just solder a wire to it run it out side of the box then hook the alarm as usual - lock - unlock hop this helps.
Jamaica home of the worlds fastest man.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic