icon

Best place to buy car audio?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
copekyle 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
Beside ebay, where is the best place to buy car audio? I'm a college student and so I am talking best prices. I can do any electrical work, such as installation. I just need a cheap place to get my stuff. Thanks
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 6:59 PM / IP Logged  
The best place to buy is from your local authorized dealer.  If you mean on-line, then it's from an authorized internet dealer.  IMO EBay is not a good place if you want factory warrantied new equipment.  For buying used, it's fine.
Support the12volt.com
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 7:02 PM / IP Logged  
Also buying online or on e-bay opens up the possibility of getting ripped off.  Sometimes spending a little more can save you a lot. Best place to buy car audio? -- posted image.
Aruman 
Silver - Posts: 363
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 7:49 PM / IP Logged  
yesBest place to buy car audio? -- posted image. Best place to buy car audio? -- posted image.
boug0752 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 28, 2006 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I found that cardomain actually has some really resonable prices. Take a look around. Just make sure they are an AUTHORIZED DEALER or else you WILL get screwed on one purchase or another eventually. Its pretty much enevitable...
If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 9:01 AM / IP Logged  
go to a local dealer...most of us small local dealers realize we are competing with "Cheat-me-bay" and will do our best to make the sale (unless you are expecting it below cost..)   at least give your local dealer the first chance to satisfy you... you can always get ripped off online later should you be unable to strike a deal....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
racefan15 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged  

I agree that ebay is often the cheapest, but some people do get burned by shopping there too. a 500$ deck is a great deal on ebay for 300, but if you never receive it and you end up buying it from the local dealer for 500 anyway, that deck just cost you 800 in the long run. I have been very luck on ebay saving thousands over the yrs, but I have also learned that if you take a price to a local dealer that they often will come very close to the same price. You save the shipping as well and also have a full warranty and a local place to take it should something happen to it.

Give local dealers a chance to earn your business before you shop online.

gjones77 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: March 29, 2006 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  

I always find it funny how everyone say "watchout for eBay", you know what, as long as you pay attention to who you're buying from (read their feedback) and use PayPal for payment only (since if you get screwed you can actually file a complaint with PayPal and if they find in your favor they'll take the money out of the sellers account and put it into yours) you'll be just fine.

And I do try to use local dealers, but half the time they're charging insane prices and I really don't feel like hagling. And as for "if something goes wrong" that's something that happens, but more often than not with present manufacturing processes there really are fewer and fewer manufacturing defects, more often than not it was a screw up by the person installing it.

Oh, and no I don't seel on eBay, I just hare people trying to make the internet sound like the boogey man since they hate competition, this is capitalism, compete or close up shop.

Quite frankly, I like the competition as a consumer, keeps prices down and keeps retail honest

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

boy, now if you could only take a "go to" attitude like that to mastering proper spelling ....  lol

i find customers like you funny because invariably you are the same guys who buy a product online at a whored down price and then come running to us when it doesnt work or you are having problems or want it tweaked.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
racefan15 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: March 30, 2006 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

" Well, I bought this Rockford amp online for 100$ cheaper than you sell it for, but now its acting funny so seeing youre a Rockford dealer, you have to fix it /return it for me"

Like I said earlier, I do buy SOME things online if my local guys dont come close, but I am under full knowledge that if somethng is wrong with it that it is not their responsibility just because they are authorized dealers.

Now on the other hand, because I do buy a lot from local dealers as well, if i ever had a problem with something I did buy online, I would hope that they would be a little forgiving and try to help me out knowing that I do buy some stuff from them when they can get close. I understand they need ot stay in business I just hope they understand that i am not a millionaire either and have budgets to work in. I get very frustrated by the dealers that insist that you buy everything there regardless of the system costing 1000$ more for the same stuff, but they are the same people who take their families to shop at Walmart and do nothing to support other local businesses. Its all about getting things for the least possible price. We all have bikks to oand anyway ot save money is what needs ot happen. Wether it is Walmart instead of local shops, or online stereo shops vs private shops.  

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic