icon

lots of battery connections

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
choover567 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

I have an optima yellowcap batt and alotta things plugged into it. first is my sound system, two amps, i have two fog lights on it, a CB, and two offroad lights. i plan on adding two more offroad lights soon when i get my basket. my battery harness is full of connections and there isnt room to put more, is there a way i can get around this? something i can put off to the side to make connections to? ty

chris

Chris - 97 Toyota 4Runner
Alpine CDA-9884
Kicker SX1250.1
Kicker 15" L7
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 2:29 PM / IP Logged  
There are auxillary fuse boxes of many sizes available. You could run a wire of the proper gauge off the battery's positve post with a proper battery tap/ring and use it to feed the other fuse box. Most stereo shops have ones designed for high current stereos, but there are ones available for regular blades fuses if you need multiple circuits. The amps should likely be using a thick power wire run to them off the battery and then split into two either with a distribution block or a fused distribution block. Most of these fuse boxes are made to be installed in the vehicle and out of the weather.
sparky
choover567 
Copper - Posts: 51
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
well i was just gonna keep my 4ga amp wires on the battery, then have another wire coming off to a different fuse box, then from there power out my lights, still get full power to them?
Chris - 97 Toyota 4Runner
Alpine CDA-9884
Kicker SX1250.1
Kicker 15" L7

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic