icon

2000 Sebring Conv. battery keeps dying

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bluest4 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 1:56 PM / IP Logged  

My 2000 Sebring Convertible's battery keeps dying and I can't figure out why. I have a 791xv with a 530t added on to it.  I also have an alpine mrv-345 amp that is hooked up the jumper point because the battery is buried deep under the driver side fender. Basically my battery dies every night and I cant figure out what is drawing the current. With the car are armed they is 0.1 to 0.2 amps draw on the battery. Is this enough to kill the battery and where do you think it might be coming from?

Any information will be helpfull

Thanks 

Steve

sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that is a very high current draw and will kill the battery quickly. If you have measured the battery draw correctly, the next step is to leave the meter hooked up to show the draw and start disconnecting things until the draw drops. Start with the aftermarket items and then pull factory fuses until you see the draw drop. Make sure you disconnect the dome lights during the testing so they win't add to the drw reading. An acceptable draw is no more than 40 ma or 0.04 amps. You need to have the battery fully charged before you do the testing.
sparky
bluest4 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 2:20 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic