icon

would this sound good?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dirt_racer_99 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 5:15 PM / IP Logged  
im thinking about getting 2 Audiobahn 12" 500 Watts RMS Excursion subwoofers they are 4ohm svc and for the amp i was thinking about getting a kenwood class d mono amplifier thats 500 watts rms at 4ohms and 850 at 2 ohms... i would like to hear what u guys think about this setup and if u guys have any other good ideas.. thanks
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Well let me start off with whats good is up to you.  Different people hear different things and perceive sound differently.  What you think sounds good may sound like crap to me because we hear differently.  Secondly...  I'm not a big fan of Audiobahn, but some people like it.  I think you can do better, but once again it's all up to you.  Lastly...  how much money do you want to spend because we might be able to give you some other ideas.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
dirt_racer_99 
Member spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
welll not more then 300 bucks.. im almost positive im getting the kenwood amp and im getting that for 160 so im trying to find 2 12's for no more then 140
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Stay away from Audiobahn, definitely not high quality stuff.
Might want to look at these instead... Click Here
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 10:16 PM / IP Logged  
audiobahn is a no no. get a single 12 instead of 2 12s, just because your are set on the idea of having 2 12s?
are you a kid in highschool that wants their car to "BUMP"?
or do you want it to sound good?
99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: March 31, 2006 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  

kirktcashalini wrote:
audiobahn is a no no. get a single 12 instead of 2 12s, just because your are set on the idea of having 2 12s?
are you a kid in highschool that wants their car to "BUMP"?
or do you want it to sound good?

Not that there is anything wrong with being a kid in high school that just wants his system to bump. Have you considered the fact that you are gonna need a sub box and wiring for this system or do you already have that? As for subs to stay unser 140 bucks, take a look at some of the pioneer subs. I have found the subs from them for the last couple years have been a great entry level product and they can take some real abuse as well.

double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
dirt_racer_99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
well ur close ive been out for a year so good guess but yeah i do want it to thump pretty hard but i dont want it to sound like doodie when it does and yeah i already have  a 2 12" box and all the wiring but the subs i had were free and they were the pyramid crap and when i got them they were damaged and i finally killed them.... i was looking at the pioneer and the alpines but i wasnt sure if i would blow them with the kenwood amp bc there power range is like 50-300watts but im still new at all this stuff so i dont know if thats true or not
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
Pioneers are pretty tough and sound good. I think audiobahn overates their stuff too much and from what I have seen Its is comparable to the pyramid. I suggest to go with pioneer subs. my 2 cents.
dirt_racer_99 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 11:01 AM / IP Logged  
what about these 2 Pioneer TS-W306C
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 01, 2006 at 11:12 AM / IP Logged  
They will sound good and perform for many moons.  Make sure the gains are set properly. The are a few good posts on this forum descibing how to do this.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic