handbrake/remote start check

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
netZ 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2003 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

Would it be possible to integrate the handbrake as an additional check for the remote start procedure? 
example using a 12 volt 30/40 amp relay:
Pin 87 Handbrake wire, shows ground when engaged
Pin 86 Blue status off Viper remote start harness, outputs ground
Pin 85 fused 12 volt or ignition output from relay pack
Pin 30 to Neutral Safety Wire of Viper remote start harness, requires ground signal to allow remote start
This setup would require the Handbrake to be engaged, which would send a ground signal to the Neutral Safety Wire on the remote start harness.  This would be used in an automatic transmission vehicle.  I know that some automatic transmission vehicles have built in safety to prevent the vehicle from being started in gear, but I would like to have some feedback on this idea.
Would the relay be fast enough to send the Handbrake ground to the Neutral Safety Wire when the remote start sequence has begun?
thanks for any feedbacks...
netZ

SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2003 at 8:32 PM / IP Logged  
You should be able to just run the wire from the hand brake that is throwing a ground and hook it up to the Neutral safty wire on the Viper.. I think the Viper also has another "Ground to start" wire on it.. I know the new Clifford RSIII has it and from what I saw, was basically the same thing.. but the wire color from the Clifford was BLACK/ White.. It was a wire that you could hook up an optional toggle switch to disable the Remote starter.. You can do away with the relay that needs ground, the trigger ground..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, LA
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: January 02, 2003 at 9:25 PM / IP Logged  
netZ, you're trying to make things complicated. Hook it directly to the neutral safety input (BLACK/ white) wire. No relay required.
netZ 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2003 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  

Yeah, late last night I realized I should have just hooked the Viper's Neutral Safety Wire to the Handbrake... must be the New Year!  Thanks!!!!

netZ
Quote: Originally posted by JWorm on January 02, 2003

netZ, you're trying to make things complicated. Hook it directly to the neutral safety input (BLACK/ white) wire. No relay required.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic