icon

6.5'' Speakers, What Do You Like?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Jweb 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
When I was in retail audio sales years ago, quite often there was certain equipment that performed better than expected even though in many cases, it was cheaper than a lot of high end/price stuff.  With so many vehicles using the 6.5" speaker and so many choices/price ranges, I was hoping that someone here might recommend one that fits this category.  Thanks for your time. 
MrSector9 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  
I like my infinity reference 605cs .. they are the older reference line... they are decently priced and i find they sound pretty decent for an introduction into comp sets.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:23 AM / IP Logged  
The Eclipse SE series. www.eclipse-web.com My demo board is set up in tiers as good, better, best, component. This way my customer can hear the price point speakers from 4" to oversize 6.5", next tier up is the Pioneer Premier speakers, next tier up again is Eclipse and finally we are going to sku in some Blaupunkt as well. Set up like this the customer can hear things on a equal and level playing field. To my ears and 99% of my customers, the more efficent Eclipse speakers are the ones that they choose.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 5:07 PM / IP Logged  
I picked up a pair of Morel Pulse 6.5" Coax and found them to be a great speaker. 2.5" deep, easy to mount, mylar cap and air coil. Tweeter is moveable. Running them off a Zapco C2K-3.02 with no problems. ebay $200.
1stclasso 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
i like my MB discuss coax they put out a good mid and high range sound and do good under high volume and the sound distortion cause by burnt cd's
racefan15 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Second recommendation for the infinity Reference 6.5 components. Kinda expensive at Best Buy (199) but online for 120 ish. I got 2 sets shipped to me for 260 or so.

I had the blau set in my last car, they were really good too and good priced.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic