icon

Security system for a 2000 GMC Jimmy

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aaron9999a 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
The better part of my system got jacked out of my Jimmy a couple of weeks ago, and it had a factory (false sense of) security system. Now I want to get a "real" security system put into it. I want something that, when tripped, will automatically call the cops and give them its location, and maybe leave me like a text message or something. I'm assuming that it will need some kind of GPS to do that. I also would like to to have it be able to take pictures/video of the burglars and transmit it somewhere so that the thieves can't get rid of the pictures/video once they're taken. I guess I don't really care whether it makes a lot of noise or not, as it didn't do any good last time, and the majority of the time it's parked in a pretty remote location.
So my question is, is there anything like this on the market? What kind of cost range would I be looking at?
WHERE could I get it?
Thanks for your help,
Aaron
doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 5:35 PM / IP Logged  
Where do you live?  Is LoJack available?  That will be one of your best bets, that is if it works where you live.  There are a few other brands out there, but don't know a lot about them.  Scytek has an alarm that claims to take pictures and send them to your remote when your car gets broken into, it's called Vision Guard 6000 I think, check their website www.scytek.net if you can't find a dealer, I think that you can find them on Ebay.  As far as your factory security system, there isn't one.  You only have keyless entry.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic