icon

96 Ford Explorer keyless entry quit.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
My dad has been telling me that his remote no longer works on his explorer, and then his door pad stopped working on the outside of the door, and then his interior buttons stopped working as well. Anyone have any idea of what could have caused this? And what can be done to repair it?
Duke Duke
kohara73 
Copper - Posts: 192
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  
If it all stopped working at the same time I would say the fuse for the door locks is cooked.  Check the fuse before anything else.
Keith
DukeDuke 
Silver - Posts: 206
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2006 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I forgot to mention that, I have done all that. And NOTHING is wrong, all fuses are perfect. Any other ideas? or suggestions? I went out there and played around with some stuff, and got the buttons inside working, however the remote still doesn't work.
Duke Duke
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 05, 2006 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  
If it has also stopped working on the passenger side switches, then chances are that the problem is going to lie in the drivers side switch mechanism, the wires going through the boot or a outright failure of the keyless entry module. Start with the wiring in the boot, then the switch mechanism. Test for ground and +12 lines at the switch module in the drivers door. To me as it sounds right now, it is the keyless entry module. Look under the dash for it and ensure that there is not a unplugged molex.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic