icon

avn5435 to ipc-106 adapter

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mdevos 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2006 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  

I also have the AVN 5430 and have been looking for an Ipod interface which would allow the head unit to control the song list on the ipod and view the name of the song being listened to.

Can you confirm that teh IPC-106 interface does indeed work with this model.  On the eclipse website it only mentions compatibilty with newer models.

I will be a very happy man if you do confirm this.

Thanks

mit_peid 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  
Yes the IPC-106 will work with the AVN5435. Here's a copy of some email exchanges with Eclipse tech support:
You're welcome. Text display is available in the Sirius mode, but not in the CD Changer mode. Once your iPod is connected to the head unit via the iPC-106, you no longer have control of the iPod through the iPod itself. Yes, it does charge the iPod.
No album art or video but those are great ideas which will be passed along to R & D.
ECLIPSE Technical Support
Thank-you for you response. I just want to be clear before I make the purchase for the IPC-106 for my AVN5435.
If I do not have Sirius, then with the use of the IPC-106, I'd be able to get ID Tag text info onto the screen on my AVN5435. Along with that, I also have control of the ipod through the GUI and will be able to charge the ipod at the same time.
Any idea whether or not album art would be displayed? How about video from a 5G ipod? I'm guessing probably not, but just wanted to ask.
Tim
The AVN5435 can use the IPC-106 for iPod integration. If you do not have Sirius you will be able to get Text. If you do have Sirius then you are right it would be used as if if were a CD Changer and as such no Text.
ECLIPSE Technical Support
I own a AVN5435 in my Toyota 4Runner. I'm looking for some ipod integration into my truck.
How compatible is the IPC-106 to the AVN5435? According to the website, it is not very compatible (ie no text on the screen). Are there any plans for a ipod controller compatible with the AVN5435?
Tim
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic