icon

Buy Viper 791xv and have it installed

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
t0mmyr 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
I was working as an installer at Fry's and we were an Authorized dealer of DEI and installer, we sold Clifford.  But my employee discount on the matrix 3.5 wasn't as good as Best Buy's.  So a friend of mine that works at Best Buy got me a viper 791xv for $150, I wonder if my viper has warranty, it was new box but it's NEVER broke on me before, it's a great unit, I installed it in my 97 Nissan Pathfinder in 2004, Removed it in late 2005, and re-installed the same unit in my Maxima last week, works just as great as before, if not better (i have trunk pop woot!!)
88vette 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

What Fry's did you work at?  What state?  I go to the one here in Houston ALL the time! 

Maybe you friend could hook you up with some paperwork/warranty papers from Best Buy?

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
brain and related parts are warrantied if authorized installer did the installation. theres a warranty card that comes w/ the box, let the installer fill that out and youre good. all in all, if you buy the units from flea market or ebay, its warrantied, as long as you ahve an authorized installer.
LCD remotes are warrantied no matter what, just as long as you have(or find one) the receipt and its w/in a yr.
t0mmyr wrote:
I was working as an installer at Fry's and we were an Authorized dealer of DEI and installer, we sold Clifford.  But my employee discount on the matrix 3.5 wasn't as good as Best Buy's.  So a friend of mine that works at Best Buy got me a viper 791xv for $150, I wonder if my viper has warranty, it was new box but it's NEVER broke on me before, it's a great unit, I installed it in my 97 Nissan Pathfinder in 2004, Removed it in late 2005, and re-installed the same unit in my Maxima last week, works just as great as before, if not better (i have trunk pop woot!!)
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
rob422 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 4:09 PM / IP Logged  
I just called DEI to clear this up.  THey said it needs to be purchased and installed by an authoized dealer.  So I am just going to do this myself for $175 instead of 550 + tax.  I am going to order the alarm today but i dont know what else I am going to need for my 1996 Buick LeSabre.  I have the manual,  digital multimeter, solder gun and all that stuff but what else I am going to need for my specifc car?(It has a remote door locks and trunk opening but no alarm) Thanks
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 13, 2006 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the wiring color chart and location for your car. If your key has a chip in it, then it is equiped with VATS. This is a resistor based antitheft system that will need to be bypassed during remote start. This is achieved by using this diagram.
Good Luck!
Keep us posted.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic