icon

Power Acoustik Amp Wire Kits, beware

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
racefan15 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 11:15 AM / IP Logged  

Just advice to anyone ordering/buying a Power Acoustik amp wiring kit.

I got the 2G kit for 35$ (should have been my first clue) Once I opened it it seemed the power wire was a little small for 2g. After deciding ot go with a distribution blok ot run 4g to each amp, i went ot my local stereo shop and picked up a few scrap peices of 4g. To my surprise, they are exactly the same size. As a matter of fact, if i stare at the ends of the cut off wire long enough, it kinda looks like the 4g wire is a hair bigger than the 2g.

hoaxs 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
ehh it happens you just got to buy good wires.  i prefer stinger/kicker wire but thats what i can get local.  i have people go to flea markets all the and they get the 4ga wire kit and it has so much installation around its about the same size as a 10ga.  but you live and learn
Hurry get me a steel hanger, elec tape, zip ties, a monkey and a snorgle. trust me i've ran wires with less
lukeyn 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 11:39 AM / IP Logged  
if you want some cheaper wire, i'd go with raptor. I got some 0 gauge raptor wire from a local shop and it was pretty cheap.
kirktcashalini 
Silver - Posts: 492
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  

Heh... I knew about power akoustik gauge ratings and stuff. one of my friends who is really cheap needed 4 gauge, and he asked me about power akoustik.  I said get the 2 ga... which was 26 on amazon (so it also got free shipping).  And it sounds good, and powers  his 750RMS just fine.

But yes... PA 2g < GOOD 4g

But I honestly think Id recomend it to anyone who needs 4 gauge. because at 26 shipped... for a whole kit worth of wires. Its not a bad deal.  the fuse blocks normally cost that much, and one is included.

Power Acoustik Amp Wire Kits, beware -- posted image.

99 Blazer LT.   Yellow Top. Big 3. Infinity Kappa Speakers All Around. Jensen CD/DVD flip out. 2 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12DVQs powered by a Alpine PDX600.1 (in one custom box, building a FG box)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic