icon

Headlight problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viper1900 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
I have a 92' dodge dynasty, with a v6, 3.3l engine. While driving my headlights turn off then on, even when I switch to high beams it does the same thing. What could the problem be? pls help? thanks
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm assuming this problem is only after you turn the headlights on, right?  If it's both headlights, I'd start by checking the switch.  Remove it and take it apart if you can for inspection.  Clean it up if it needs it, and reassemble (or replace it, but only after inspection).  Also check to make sure the harness looks good- no corrosion, tight fit.  Let us know if this doesn't solve the problem.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
viper1900 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2006 at 8:45 PM / IP Logged  
I tried your suggestions, but they didn't work. If you have anymore it would be of great help. Thanks,
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  

Okay then.  Check to see if your car uses a headlight relay- if so, check the connections there and test the relay.  Make repairs as needed.  I'd also check your grounds.  Since it's affecting both headlamps, the relay is likely the cause if your switch is good.

If you're unable to come up with anything, since you've already checked your switch, you can use it to run your own relayed headlight harness.  Just run a couple trigger wires from the switch (one low beam, one high), and go from there.  This will also help give you better light output, since the bulbs should see a slight voltage (hence power) increase.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic