icon

aftermatket alarm on a 91 300zx

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kickerzx 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
hi folks. i posted this on anothere forum as well but i have faith in this community ;)
i`ll just copy and paste that post:
serached but could not find a decent answer.
have been looking at the wiering schematics the last hour trying to figure out how to hook up my new alarm along with the stock alarm, and to mount an actuator in the driverside door. figured it should be possible to let the stock system do the work and let the new alarm give the orders. sort of. look at the pic. could this work?
aftermatket alarm on a 91 300zx -- posted image.
what do yoy guys think? am i missing something vital here?
kickerzx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 4:49 PM / IP Logged  
hmm. that pic got really screewd up aftermatket alarm on a 91 300zx -- posted image.
link to original post
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg.aspx?forum=technical&msg_id=986075
i might need to add that port 7 and 11 normaly get a signal from the key cylinder in the door.
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 6:26 PM / IP Logged  
directechs says that adding the actuator in the drivers door is recommended since it was a mid year change in this model (1991). i'm not sure what you mean by port 7 and 11 but if your doors lock and unlock while pushing the actual lock (not the switch) then adding the actuator should solve all your problems. basically, your aftermarket alarm will control the aftermarket actuator and that in turn will lock and unlock the vehicle. the other thing you may have to do is do a factory disarm (gray/red in the drivers kick or alarm) from the aftermarket alarm. doing this will retain the integrity of the factory system and add the security of the aftermarket unit as well. hope that helps and good luck!
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
kickerzx 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 07, 2006 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
well. the driver side door do not have an actuator. so i have to install one. the ports refered to are the ones (i belive) getting the arm/disarm signal (turns on/off the factory alarm) from the key cylinder in the door. (there is no remote. just the key) i belive this signal is the one also sending the signal to the passangerside door actuator. not sure though... if this is the case i think i should be ok, but.. i`m not sure... my thought were if i just parallel wired the new actuator to the other one they would do the same action, althoug it is REALLY only the passanger side whom are getting the signal. just hoping the other one would tag along.
hope this makes sense somhow
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 2:18 AM / IP Logged  
well, again if you have a setup that when the drivers door locks and unlocks it operates the other door(s) then you can add the actuator to the drivers door and wire it directly to the aftermarket alarm. then that way when the aftermarket actuator locks/unlocks that will relay the operation to the other door(s). the factory alarm should activate anytime the doors lock and the disarm will have to be activated either via the factory disarm output from the aftermarket alarm (or diode isolate from the unlock to disarm the OEM alarm). directechs says that you will have to add an actuator to the drivers door so that is the best bet but you will still have to disarm the factory alarm to retain the integrity of the OEM system. btw, JOHN MUNN STRONGLY AGREES with me on this topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good luck and hope this helps.
"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic