icon

mp3 changer with pioneer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joe_1 
Silver - Posts: 286
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
hi anyone know if it is possible to hook up another manufactures mp3 changer to a pioneer stereo?  thanks in advance for any info.
i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
rottenbelly 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
Depending which pioneer you have you could use the aux inputs. Or see if you can find a wireless fm modulator that plugs into headphone jack on mp3 player. they run abuot 30 bucks here in USA at wal mart.
rottenbellys 05 crew cab colorado.Pioneer dehp 880prs, kenwood excelon in all 4 doors. Bazooka 500 mono Jl 10w3 in coustom center console box.
coppellstereo 
Silver - Posts: 785
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
I hooked up an adapter to my cd changer input. do you have one of those?
dfizzle 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  

I went the CD changer adapter route as well to hook up my iPod to my Pioneer 5800 (if that's what you mean by "MP3 changer").  It turns your changer port into AUX in here's a link to the cable:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8EqQNDOccL4/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=227550&I=469PIOPRCA

Then you'd use a Mini Plug to RCA to go from your MP3 player to that cable, something like this:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-8EqQNDOccL4/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=043183190

So it would go MP3 player > second link > first link > stereo changer port.  Hope that helps.

joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

sorry i mean an actual disc changer that plays mp3, as pioneer dont make one i was hopeing to get another  one say like alpine and connect it to the pioneer but im not sure if it will be compatable with the protocol what they use, as i want to beable to control it from the head unit,

the head unit i am wanting to do this to is a           avh-p6500,       it is meant to play mp3 but it will only allow 10 tracks from a mp3 disc to be played i have no idea why this is.

i am also a technician so if you have any engine trouble let me know, and i will do my best to help.
joe_1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 5:35 AM / IP Logged  
also does the avic 800dvd nav unit play mp3?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic