icon

Pressure Switch

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
A Buddy of mine just picked up an srt-4 and wants me to put an alarm in.  No big, cept he wants me to put pressure switches in the window molding so if someone pulls the widow away to open the door it'll set the alarm off.  I did this once a few years back, but I don't remember where I got the switches from.  Anyone know where I might be able to buy some.  Thanks.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
88vette 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2006 at 11:08 PM / IP Logged  

Wouldn't it be easier to just put in a DEI 508D dual zone radar/promimity sensor so when someone gets very close to the window it would alarm?  You could adjust the sensitivity so someone would have to be right up on the window before it would go trigger the alarm.

From DEI:

• DEI 508D is the most effective vehicle intrusion sensor. This dual zone radar sensor detects moving high density objects using RF field-disturbance technology. Ideal for convertibles & t-tops or any application where zone intrusion protection is desired.
  • Contains a new custom chip for outstanding stability. This is a great way to give you vehicle that added protection from would be thieves and vandals!
  • Leave your windows or top down without compromising your vehicles security with the DEI 508D . It will work for just about any alarm system
Powermyster 
Silver - Posts: 962
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 6:25 AM / IP Logged  
i would use the prox.
Why oh Why didn't i take the blue pill
Darren Power
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
He had one of those in the car.  Neighborhood cats like to jump on the car at night.  Which becuase of the 508 causes the alarm to sound.  I've turned it down, done a lot of different stuff.  The 508 just aint good for what he wants.  THat's why I'm trying to find pressure switches.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic