icon

Customers watching?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rallysport 
Copper - Posts: 172
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 20, 2006 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  

i dont mind when they watch from afar but when they are breathing down my neck i get nervous and will usually pull the mexican stand off as stated or say "hey theres a couch and tv right over there" i like fastlerners idea, i have to try it haaha.

even worse then the watchers are the people that drive up and just wait in their car and sometimes honk at you, its not a drive thru get out of your damn carCustomers watching? - Page 3 - Last Post -- posted image.

bigfoot286 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
i hate it when people are in my bay, first off i work at best buy and i also work for florda ionterlock systems(we put breathalyzers in cars when you get a d.u.i.s) at best buy i just hate it cause 1 i cant talk to the otherinstallers in the normal non-busniess frendly manner that we talk 2 everone hinks that i have never worked on a car before and explanes everything i touch,"o that turns the headlights on". now at the other job we dont want the people to know what we are doing just so the dont try to bypass it. ya the can look later but i tamper seal everthing they the get charged a violation(37.95 charge) if they mess with it.
yourm0m1 
Member - Posts: 23
Member spacespace
Posted: May 29, 2006 at 11:38 PM / IP Logged  
i am with you guys, i dont install car audio professionally but i do pc work, i hate customers that ask what im doing or comment that i am doing something so fast then they want to know how i did it. i mean i will tell them the basics but anything past that will just get them in trouble in the end. which i imagine the same goes for you guys, messing with high voltage isnt smart if your a beginner, same with a pc your just gonna screw it up and im gonna have to come back out and charge you out the nose some more. but i guess thats just it nosey customers that cant let you just do your job offer great job security
warmuth_5 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 12:24 PM / IP Logged  
I work at Best buy too, but we have a wall with just the window at the register. When people are being a pain, I'll put a seatcover in the window of the car, they'll usually get the hint. And that honking!! Outside of a closed bay door!! there's a sign right there that says customer entrance!!
No, I will not give you all parts and labor free!
boug0752 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
I don't work for any car audio install company but my Dad owns a Motorcycle suspension company. We had the same problem of people wanting to watch what was going on so we added to the invoice the liability note and are now charging by the hour AFTER the job is done so if they are bugging us my dad and I will friendly remind them they are charge by the amount of time it takes and THEY are making it take longer. Seems to work VERY well so far!!
If your counting pennies and dimes then maybe you shouldn't be spending every penny and dime you have!!
a568272 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2006 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  
I work at Best Buy, too, and I despise having the customer over my shoulder.  As long as they stay on the other side of the rope, we're cool.  But it is fun to pull in an '06 F-150, or something similar, that has a virgin dash and just start pulling the top corner and watch it flex!  Almost makes 'em sick to watch you do it!
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic