wiring in a couple led, strobes

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eaks 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 09, 2006 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys.. looking for sum help!!
i recently bought (4) anledslgr street glow interrior lights!
im planning on mounting 2 at the front of my car (01 neon).. i wud like to have them bought switched at one place.. and i believe these are created to have teh leds on all the time and then strobe with the bass (maybe not) or they mite have a constant flow of strobe (in which case i wud need to have 2 switches)
I need help on hooking them up.. first off all.. can i just screw it into the panals (above the gas/brake pedels) and same on the other side?
Then how can i wire them up.. there is a 12v for strobe, 12v for green led and a ground.. what would be the best way to wire them up and how wud i hook them up to a switch, and what switch would i need?
Thanks a lot.. and it mite not be completly clear so if you have problems understanding just let me know and i will clarify myself!!
Thanks guys and help me get these lights working!
whitenoiz 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: April 16, 2006 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  

Need a little more info on the led's! Do they come with a contorl box? What company makes them?

If they are not attached to a control box, then they are probably not bass controlled! In order for a light to be bass controlled, they need a sound sensitve electronics to control it. by the way you describe them, they are probably constant strobes! If this is the case, then you will need two different 12 volt toggle switches. You can pick them up almost anywhere!

Secondly, for mounting them. It would depend on where exactly you are mounting them. On top of your dash, i would suggest double-sided sticky tape. Clean the area with an alcohol wipe really well and then wait for it to dry. If you are putting it up under your dash, I suggest zip-ties. Just in case you don't want any permanent holes in you dash components!

Hope that helps! 

eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
i wired them into a switch using cat 5 cable.. i ran the 1 possitive (strobe) from both lights to one side a a switch, and i did the same thing with teh other possitive (led).. i then ran thoes wires down to by cig. lighter (power adapter).. then i ran the ground to the cig lighter also..
i tried it and the lights didn't work at all!!
any ideas?
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2006 at 7:55 PM / IP Logged  
i wired them into a switch using cat 5 cable.. i ran the 1 possitive (strobe) from both lights to one side a a switch, and i did the same thing with teh other possitive (led) (to a different switch).. i then ran thoes wires down to by cig. lighter (power adapter).. then i ran the ground to the cig lighter also..
i tried it and the lights didn't work at all!!
any ideas?
slowfire01 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 12, 2006 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
i had the same problem, the streetglow strobes have a power inverter and don't work off straight 12 volt power as the neon tubes do, i assume you cut it off and wired it? chances are you fried a little filament in them i have 8 on my car in teh fenders and tails and headlights, etc and i bought the strobe controller on ebay for 20 bucks and you can get it at meijer or auto parts store and can control 12 neons or strobes its got a power on off switch which eliminates the toggle and a strobe or solid switch and a strobe sensitivity swith as well as a meter and all i requires is a power and ground!!!!! invest in it!
thanks jason
mecp certified installer
intersts provoke installs
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 4:32 PM / IP Logged  
yo.. i just checked ebay.. wasn't really sure to what i should be looking for..
can u link me to one?
ALSO: what kinda of wire did u use to run to the switch? and where did u mount the switch?
thanks
slowfire01 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2006 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  
i used 14 guage wire for the switch, heres a link: ebay item number 8064376474, it looks like the new model of what i have and i dont know if it has the solid color buttom to go from strobe to solid neon, mine does and has a sensitivity switch and a sensitivity meter.
intersts provoke installs
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 10:39 AM / IP Logged  
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2006 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  
sry about that..
http:///.ca/StreetGlow-LED-Strobe-Light-ANLEDSLGR-Green-NEW_W0QQitemZ8064612507QQcategoryZ33713QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
thoes are the lights i am trying to install.. If u buy a switch i just need it to control the led and strobe.. i dont need it to have a music box.. and did you use 14 gauge wire for everything? and where did u get your power from?
PS: i tried getting power from the cig lighter!
eaks 
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 15, 2006 at 10:22 PM / IP Logged  
anyone?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic