icon

Lancer Evo VIII and Clifford Matrix

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
euromagination 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 9:17 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone. Great site you have here. :) I have some questions about the Clifford Matrix system on my Evo. I tried the search function, which turned up a lot of hits, but none that could necessarily help me in this exact situation.
Here's my situation and questions...
Last year I sold my daily-driver Audi A6 and bought another sedan (Evo VIII) from a childhood friend of mine from back home in San Diego after he decided to sell it for an Evo IX. When he bought the VIII new in '04 he had the Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 installed... Bottom line here is that I am not the one who got the system installed so I really don't know anything about that part.
He gave me two of the following remotes (and damn they eat batteries up):
Lancer Evo VIII and Clifford Matrix -- posted image.
So now of course I have the car and the alarm system works fine as far as basic door-locking functions, but it seems to me that it can "do more" than what it does. However, no extra functions that it may have are working. I'd like the get them working.
My buddy who used to own the car says it should have a turbo timer function that should work. I remember it working when he owned it, but it only worked for a while after I bought it. ??? I'd like to find out how to program the system so this function works again.
Also, what about the remote start feature? I didn't even know about it until I was looking at the transmitter display when I put a new batter in and I saw the little tailpipe and exhaust... That would be cool to have working if the system does indeed have the capability.
Again, my friend says he thinks the alarm has that feature but he never had it programmed when it was installed?
I've considered taking the Evo to a professional to get the system configured, but I think that I could do it myself if I'm pointed in the right direction. I'd like to learn for future reference anyway, and I'm always working on my cars in my spare time so finding the time to do what ever it is that needs to be done is not really a problem.
Thanks for youe help. Once again, great site!
-Harry
-Porsche 911 Carrera 2
-Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
euromagination 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  
(Sorry, but I don't see the link so I can edit my above post, but I had one more thing to add...)
I have the Clifford RSIII installation guide in *.pdf format and have browsed through it, but it's 44 pages long and I really don't know where to look in it. I checked out the programming sections, but thought I'd post here first before I screw something up.
-Porsche 911 Carrera 2
mrcllusb 
Copper - Posts: 489
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 9:39 AM / IP Logged  
Check and see if the system is in valet mode.Usually when it's in valet mode the only thing you can do is lock and unlock the doors and pop the trunk usually..
"ole blake"
euromagination 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
The system is not in Valet Mode. I just switched Valet mode on, then turned it back off to make sure. Thanks for the response though.
Another thing is that my trunk won't pop either when the button is pushed. ???
My transmitters have four buttons (Door Lock, Door Unlock, Trunk unlock, and a *), but only the Door "Lock" and "Unlock" buttons do anything. If I press the * button for a couple seconds it sets off a panic alarm, but that's the extent of the "features" I have right now since it's not programmed properly.
-Porsche 911 Carrera 2
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 2:14 PM / IP Logged  
push and hold the the aux button and see if the trunk pop.
as for the remote start press the button * twice if not start see if the neutal safty switch is not off.
euromagination 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
K, I'll go try the trunk thing again.
Where is the "neutral safety switch" though?
Thnx,
H
-Porsche 911 Carrera 2
swamprat323 
Gold - Posts: 1,335
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  
depends were the installer put it, usally under the driver side dash
euromagination 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 3:10 PM / IP Logged  
So I was just out messing with this thing again...
I went through the three menus of program functions to see if any of them could change any of my problems, but none of the menu items allow you to toggle things like that. It only lets you change little things like number of chirps you want for certain things, et cetera.
My "Unlock Trunk" button doesn't unlock the trunk no matter what I do. When I press and hold the button, the TX comes up (as usual), then the RX comes up with it along with a number 2. So the car is getting the signal, but not doing anything about it?
When I push the "Lock Door" and "Unlock Door" buttons simultaneously and hold them (to try remote start), all I get is a beep on the transmitter, an TX, an RX, and the number 3.
The "*" button is useless too. When I just press it, it does nothing. But when I press and hold it, it sets my panic alarm off.
What do I do now? How do I "tell" the system to do these things? (pop the trunk, et cetera)
-Porsche 911 Carrera 2
accord78 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
first of all make sure that when he had this alarm installed that the guy hooked everything up... once u find out then u can start figuring out why things don't work.. and i know this car is a stick shift and maybe that's why the installer didn't hook it up. try to sit in the car and grab your remote hit the button with the (star *) twice see if your dash lights come on meaning your idiot lights and see if it does anything... if it don't then your remote start is not hooked. ask your friend who hooked this alarm up in this.. something people take short cuts and just hook up what the alarm needs to make it sound
euromagination 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2006 at 8:31 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks accord...
What about the trunk release then? Any ideas on that? I really don't care about the remote start to be honest. It would just "be nice" to have it. Not having a remote trunk release sucks though....
-H
-Porsche 911 Carrera 2
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic