icon

06 Caravan, Compustar run problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Brad Eyben 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
I've just installed a Compustar 2W8000FM in a 2006 Caravan. I used a bypass kit for the sentry and an interface for the locks and lights. It works fine but here is the problem.
When the vehicle is running with the remote starter and the ignition is on...(as if you jumped in the vehicle to leave and switched the key on), as soon as the remote is terminated...(brake pedal), power to all the accessories shut down...(radio, heater,windows, locks,cig lighter, etc.)
Does anyone have any ideas how to remedy this? :(
Thanks,
Brad
OhioMike1101 
Silver - Posts: 343
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
Sounds silly, but are you turning the key all the way forward? You would be surprised that we have had at least a dozen ppl with that problem blaming it on the RS unit.
South Side Audio
2501 S. High St
Columbus, OH 43207
Brad Eyben 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged  
Not that silly, but the key is definitly turned on, one can drive the van without the accessories.
Thanks,
Brad
Brad Eyben 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
I did use a PATS Chrysler 04+ and it did work great.
I also found the problem, thanks to those who tryed to help.
I used a CHRBP-1 Bypass module for the locks and lights. I don't know who makes it and only have a connection sheet without any explanation of the hook ups.
It shows an input to pin 21 as (+)STARTER and so I connected that to the yellow starter wire from the Compustar.
This seemed to shut down all the accessories when the RS was disengaged. It even caused this shutdown sometimes when the RS was not used.
I can't figure out why it did that but after I cut this connection everything is normal.
Thanks again,
Brad

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic